Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation

/ Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation #1  

poldies4

Silver Member
Tractor
B 2320
My three point creaks as it is lowering. When I go into the barn throttle back and lower my ballast box, there seems to be some creaking. Is this normal? Everything seems to be straight, even etc.

Question 2
Should I be checking tire pressure and setting it with load on the tires? For instance should the loader be on the ground, or in travelling position? Same question for the ballast box. Thanks

/ Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation #2  
You can hear the creaking when 3 pt when its new and engine throttled down or turned off. mine still creaks some after 400 hrs.
As for checking the air pressure, do you check your air pressure when you have trailer hooked up, trunk full and have everyone in the car ready to go? I thought not. The max air inflation is setup for best AVERAGE pressure for most conditions. So lower your ballast box, lower your FEL and then check you air pressure, no need to remove it.

/ Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation #3  
If memory serves me you have a fairly new machine, so creaking is not a big issue; might want to take the box of to check lowering if it continues, but I suspect it is just some contact points on your box wearing in.

Pressure is without load; ie equipment on the ground.

/ Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation
Thanks radioman and Triple R. My tractor is only 32 hrs old. I'll take off the box and check. Sorry about the lame question, but gotta start learning somewhere. I've lead a sheltered life as far as machinery. Unless it's on two wheels I'm at a loss....:eek:

/ Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation #5  
No such thing as a "lame question". We all started out not knowing anything about them too. I have been operating tractors for over fifty years and still had a lot to learn when I transitioned over from the old bare bones 2WD farm tractors; still learning.

Love motorcycles too:thumbsup:

/ Three point hitch creaking/Tire inflation #6  
My three point creaks as it is lowering. Is this normal? Everything seems to be straight, even etc.

Should I be checking tire pressure and setting it with load on the tires?

Some creaking is normal on new loader, lifts, and hoes. Greasing the joints with a high pressure "moly" grease will often help even when regular grease doesn't. Moly grease is a messy black and sticky (and expensive) grease that you will probably want to wipe away after break-in.

It is common to check the pressure with the tires loaded and after having driven it a few minutes.
good luck! rScotty