throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #31  
Our New Holland dealer picked up the tractor and downloaded "new" software this past week. It ran all day Monday mowing fields with no issues, probably the first time since I purchased it. Fingers crossed, we'll see if it lasts. Contacting New Holland helped.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #32  
I started a thread that details information I was able to learn about this problem from a Case dealer: Tractor de-rates to 1500 rpm with no fault codes displayed. In the thread I use the specific issue name and terminology used by CNHI. I do not know whether CNHI's current resolution solves the issue, but the ADIC firmware on my tractor has been updated to version 3.0.0.0 and I am hoping...

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #33  
I started a thread that details information I was able to learn about this problem from a Case dealer: Tractor de-rates to 1500 rpm with no fault codes displayed. In the thread I use the specific issue name and terminology used by CNHI. I do not know whether CNHI's current resolution solves the issue, but the ADIC firmware on my tractor has been updated to version 3.0.0.0 and I am hoping...

Thanks for sharing that.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #34  
Morning Gang. I bought a new 2017 work master 60 ( also from Dooley). I experienced the same problem with dropping RPM and no throttle response until turning key off and turning back on. Initially they came out and replaced the battery- no dice. The second time they came out they ended up updating the software. This was back in early (mar/apr 2018). I致e got about 170 hours on it now and for the most part no trouble. It has shut down once or twice however, I think it痴 because of overloading. I was pulling a super steep hill with a 7 bushhog, hit a swale which bounced the bushhog into the dirt.

For what it痴 worth I just had to replace the neutral sensor switch on the (Low/Neutral/High) lever. It wouldn稚 start.

All in all the tractor is awesome.

Happy tractoring

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #35  
Thanks for sharing that.

It's been over a year and I can report that ADIC firmware version 3.0.0.0 has resolved the engine de-rate issue. A Case IH tech informed me that, as of 30-Aug-2019, firmware version 3.0.0.0 is still the latest release (which is likely a good sign that it's stable and free of major defects). CNHI handled this issue quickly and effectively. That's something to keep in mind when considering a tractor purchase.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #36  
Morning Gang. I bought a new 2017 work master 60 ( also from Dooley). I experienced the same problem with dropping RPM and no throttle response until turning key off and turning back on. Initially they came out and replaced the battery- no dice. The second time they came out they ended up updating the software. This was back in early (mar/apr 2018). I致e got about 170 hours on it now and for the most part no trouble. It has shut down once or twice however, I think it痴 because of overloading. I was pulling a super steep hill with a 7 bushhog, hit a swale which bounced the bushhog into the dirt.

For what it痴 worth I just had to replace the neutral sensor switch on the (Low/Neutral/High) lever. It wouldn稚 start.

All in all the tractor is awesome.

Happy tractoring

A Case IH tech told me that the neutral position switch on the high-low range selector is a common failure on these tractors.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #37  
A Case IH tech told me that the neutral position switch on the high-low range selector is a common failure on these tractors.
I have a '18 model year 50A that I bought new in early '19. It now has 500 plus hours on it.

It to has the throttle issue and I just do the restart. Wish I had a stealer to press the issue with. I think nothing of warranties and figure it is easier to fix myself than to screw with the warranty.

So far I have jumpered the seat switch and the failed transmission neutral switch. Nearly wired around the entire safety lock out system just this week before finding three failed relays in the loop of the safety start system.

All this junk does not belong on tractors. Tractors should not have relays, plastic, solenoids or computers .

I'll read the thread about the CIH fix for the throttle problem.

I have said before, I wish I had a fleet of 20 or 30 series JD tractors in top condition. I'd never need another and would seldom have to fix them.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #38  
That sounds like one of my customers..
When one of his machines break, he goes to the auction and buys another and lets the broken one sit for 6months to a year and THEN fixs it..

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #39  
Need help.. I purchased my first workmaster 60 4x4 back in March of 2017.. Tractor would consistently die as we were bush hogging going up hill or riding on a slight angle like the seat sensor was defective... Dealership could not fix our issue with the seat adjustment screw and finally bought that tractor back with 19 hours after tractor sat at dealership more than on our farm and gave us another workmaster 60 4x4 with 0 hours in July 2017.... The dealership did exchange this seat with a different model so the seat sensor issue has been taken care of however now we are experiencing issues with the tractor going to a 1500 rpm at any time during operation and not accepting any throttle via by hand or gas pedal. Dealership only says no one else is having these issues... Our tractor is once again at the dealership sitting for the past two weeks until they can fit it into shop to look at it...

We were cutting hay and bush hogging. Tractor running great and all of a sudden the rpms drop to aprox. 500 rpm. The rpm hand on dash will max out for a second and drop back to 1500rpm without the engine revving. Tractor will still pull at the 1500 rpms as long as it is in gear but will not accept any gas feed until you turn key off and restart tractor then it will run just fine and accept the gas pedal feed and hand throttle on dash. The tractor may run 5 mins or hours but will always do it again... In 3 hours this past Friday this happened 4 times which is very aggravating... Been on phone with New Holland Rep, visited dealership and have got so irritated went to look at other brands even though I and family have been a loyal new holland and ford owner my 50 plus years.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Yes