Throwing in the towel

/ Throwing in the towel #21  
It seems like you have to spend 12-15K to get a decent lawn tractor these days. A little rough terrain, and a few slopes, and a property a little on the large side seems to tear the **** out of anything less.
How much does one of those Ventracs run?

/ Throwing in the towel
Well,an update.No,I didn't fix the P.O.S Kubota. I ended up buying the leftover Cub Cadet GTX2000 from my local Cub dealer(Cedar Street Sales)-I know I can count on this dealer if I have any problems(bought a new 3204 from them back in '02). The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the "electronic" power steering-it has manual deck lift.It's got the Kohler motor ,48" fabricated deck, and a lever that will disengage the tranny(something the Kubota doesn't have). I think I'll still go to the auctions-the one is going to have a GR2110,and a couple other Kubotas,and the dealer where I bought my Kubota is going to have a GR2100 and a G2160 in their auction-I'm really gonna miss the diesel.....wanted a JD X740,but those are outta my range,and I missed out on a low hr. GX355 w/ bagger.The one thing I need to find now is if they make Gator blades for the Cub...

/ Throwing in the towel #23  
Look hard at the G2160 in the auction, have one and it is great if you do not need the all wheel drive. Never had any problems with the electronic power steering either. Only problem that I have is the twin PTO engagement belts can slip and burn easy if too much grass is cut and the deck bogs down but I do have the monster 60" deck also.

David Kb7uns

/ Throwing in the towel
Look hard at the G2160 in the auction, have one and it is great if you do not need the all wheel drive. Never had any problems with the electronic power steering either. Only problem that I have is the twin PTO engagement belts can slip and burn easy if too much grass is cut and the deck bogs down but I do have the monster 60" deck also.

David Kb7uns
I will- the auction I went to yesterday had a TG1860 gas that went for $1400,a GR2110 w/ bagger on back but no blower unit,387 hrs,and the right front tire was almost bald went for $2000,and a GF1800 diesel 4wd w/54" deck,1200+hrs went for around $1500. We'll see what next weeks auction brings-they usually do the lawn mowers about 2-1/2 hrs into auction,so they do usually go reasonable there,also depends on weather.

/ Throwing in the towel
Well,didn't waste my time going to auction yesterday.The G2160 was sold before auction,and the GR2100 wasn't listed.They had a GR2010(gas),but weather was crappy and didn't feel like freezing my a** off. I'll be getting the Cub delivered in a couple weeks. Don't know if I'd have better luck just parting the Kubota out(deck,engine,tires).

/ Throwing in the towel #26  
It is hard to find a good G2160 these days, a local regional medical center has one with the rear discharge bagger and a while back they ordered an extra rear discharge deck, I guess the tractor is fine just the deck has a lot of wear.

David Kb7uns

/ Throwing in the towel
My Cub GTX2000 is being delivered this Saturday. I was VERY tempted to drop another $1200 to get one of those Cub Commercial SZ zero turns-steering wheel,fab deck,wide front tires,and a VERY comfy gel seat.I'm going to see if I can somehow put that seat on my GTX.....

/ Throwing in the towel
Hope this isn't a sign of things to come-mower supposed to be here around 9am-by 11am,I called the dealer. Owner told me when they were driving it out of the storage barn to prep it for delivery,the "electronic" power steering wasn't working like it should,so they are going to put a new unit on it. I'm betting it was one of the older models that didn't get upgraded when they were having problems with them-this was a leftover 2013 model,but I forgot to look at the build date on it. Delivery is now scheduled for next Saturday (12th).

/ Throwing in the towel #29  
Hope it goes well with the new unit. Now for your view point on the Gator blades. Reason for buying them?

/ Throwing in the towel
Gator blades seem to chop the grass up better and leave fewer clumps in case you get behind on mowing. They also are great in the fall time for mulching leaves-I sweep them up,dump them evenly where my garden used to be,then go over it w/gator blades a few times. Kubota was loaded on trailer last Saturday,an hour after my Cub Cadet was delivered,for $1500 cash in hand. Oh well,lesson learned.Already miss the AWD.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Unused Auto Darkening Welding Helmets. (A33079)
Unused Auto...
Stull Feeders Cube Feeder (A33041)
Stull Feeders Cube...
(20) Unused 2024 10ft Portable Construction (A33079)
(20) Unused 2024...
(2) 48in x 40in x 42in Military Grade Lockable (A33079)
(2) 48in x 40in x...
2 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard steel end...
2 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard steel end...