tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe
ok, so we have a open system, with that being said it would just be best to add quick connects on say , the loader dump cylinders tie these into log splitter valve(change spool to open center) and manually strap down the handle to send flow to log splitter valve and this would also keep the relief inline.

/ tie log splitter into hydraulics on 580c case backhoe #12  
ok, so we have a open system, with that being said it would just be best to add quick connects on say , the loader dump cylinders tie these into log splitter valve(change spool to open center) and manually strap down the handle to send flow to log splitter valve and this would also keep the relief inline.

Yes this would work as long at the bucket is fully dumped or curled depending on which port is pressure. You may want to use one nipple and on female coupler on your connections so you don't accidentally get the flow reversed to your splitter by swapping hoses.

Roy

hey thanks all, i picked up the fittings last night and put it together off the loader tilt cylinders, i just set the log splitter in the front bucket and for now just strapped it in. and i checked it out , running the 580c at idle i grabbed one of those nasty knotted double logs and the splitter split it no problem. may look a little billy but i bought the 3 pt knowing that in a yr or two i will trade in the 580 for a tractor.
so anyway thanks for the info
chris

roy, that was a good idea, i wish i would have done that.