Tie Rod Boots

/ Tie Rod Boots #12  
You might try looking at boots for ATV or 4x4 off-road shocks.

/ Tie Rod Boots #13  
yeah, I have the same situation....on a 4025....it flexes so don't think 3D printing would work.
TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) filament is flexible. It's generally available from 75-95 Shore A and some special types of TPU filaments with Shore hardness down to 40A. I just made an O-ring seal a couple of days ago with it.

/ Tie Rod Boots
Here is an update on my search for a replacement boot for the tie rod on my Mahindra 4550
I found a pair of silicone boots that fit perfectly for a cost of $3.90 plus $5.20 shipping out of Bulgaria.
They took about a month to get here, and I've had them on the tractor for a month testing them out. So far so good. They are not as robust as the OEM boots but their working. I also beefed up the bracket on the guard that is in front of the tie rod to further protect the boot. If anyone is interested in where I purchased the boots, PM me for the info.

Attachments

• 4550 tie rod boot replacement.jpg
    4550 tie rod boot replacement.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
   / Tie Rod Boots #15  
Here is an update on my search for a replacement boot for the tie rod on my Mahindra 4550
I found a pair of silicone boots that fit perfectly for a cost of $3.90 plus $5.20 shipping out of Bulgaria.
They took about a month to get here, and I've had them on the tractor for a month testing them out. So far so good. They are not as robust as the OEM boots but their working. I also beefed up the bracket on the guard that is in front of the tie rod to further protect the boot. If anyone is interested in where I purchased the boots, PM me for the info.

Good for you. Great detective work!!!

/ Tie Rod Boots #16  
I have the same problem with my 2016, 2538. Called the dealer and he said they do not sell just the boots, would have to buy he whole thing, right side was 192.00, left 187.00. I'll wrap it with old innertube and zip tie it first.

/ Tie Rod Boots #17  
I have the same problem with my 2016, 2538. Called the dealer and he said they do not sell just the boots, would have to buy he whole thing, right side was 192.00, left 187.00. I'll wrap it with old innertube and zip tie it first.
That sounds better than the duct tape I've been using...

/ Tie Rod Boots #18  
I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time.....How come the manufacturer (Kubota in my case) never recommends greasing these tie rod connections in their OE manual maintenance directives?

Cheers,
Mike

/ Tie Rod Boots #19  
If they aren't greased they stand to make some big money when you replace them, at least that's the way it seems with Mahindra