Tiller Tiller info

/ Tiller info #11  
Get the forward rotation, and gear drive for your size tractor.

Just be advised that the tiller will pile the dirt behind the tiller, and take it from the other end of the row. Try to get customers to set up the garden so you have complete access to all 4 sides(including turning) at all times. After you till a few times you will see what I mean.

Being able to get in and out on all four sides is a luxury that is seldom available when tilling for hire. There is usually something in the way ; bushes, fence, building, flowers, property line, etc. Besides, a reverse tine tiller is advertised as a one pass tiller and it generally works out that way. Occasionally I'll till a couple of gardens with a fence on all four sides and have to drive through a small gate to get in.

/ Tiller info #12  
I use a forward rotation tiller with slip clutch and 6 tines/rotor with chain drive. This is a Deere 673 72" width and it does a great job for me, I have hit some large rocks and on a couple of occasions has stopped the tiller but no harm done. What small stumps that were missed in clean up the forward rotation will climb over without damage. in most cases the forward tine rotation will climb over an obstacle whereas the reverse tine will hang up. For hire i would use the forward rotation.

/ Tiller info #13  
bigtiller;3145742[B said:
]Being able to get in and out on all four sides is a luxury that is seldom available when tilling for hire[/B]. There is usually something in the way ; bushes, fence, building, flowers, property line, etc. Besides, a reverse tine tiller is advertised as a one pass tiller and it generally works out that way. Occasionally I'll till a couple of gardens with a fence on all four sides and have to drive through a small gate to get in.
I know what you mean. One neighbor I till for I can only do 3 sides. The garden is about 100 feet long, and 30 feet wide. The long passes pull the dirt to one end of the garden.