Tiller Question

/ Tiller Question #1  

Don87

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2400
My brother-in-law, has a tiller that he purchased at TSC to run on his 790 JD.
It's rated at 20 to 35 hp.
Would my GC2400 run it(using common sense), or should I consider buying one smaller?

/ Tiller Question #2  
It should be able to handle the tiller, but it is somewhat over large if it goes way outside the wheel width or the tractor struggles to lift it. If it is just for occasional use on already worked/tilled ground use it. If you are breaking new ground there may be some risk of breaking something.

/ Tiller Question #3  
You didn't mention the width of the tiller.I have a 48" wide tiller that I use on the back of my MF GC2300 and it handles it no problem.Its a MF tiller with a built in slip clutch and so far the only time the clutch has slipped is when a large stone jammed between the tines and frame.Larry.

/ Tiller Question
You didn't mention the width of the tiller.I have a 48" wide tiller that I use on the back of my MF GC2300 and it handles it no problem.Its a MF tiller with a built in slip clutch and so far the only time the clutch has slipped is when a large stone jammed between the tines and frame.Larry.
I looked at it today. I didn't think it was 72 in., but it is.
Probably not a good idea.
Thanks for the help

/ Tiller Question #5  
I looked at it today. I didn't think it was 72 in., but it is.
Probably not a good idea.
Thanks for the help

You could remove a couple rows of tines, if you need to use it and it seems too much for your tractor. Being new the bolts should come right out. Once, I removed all the tines on a 48 except 1 row. I then used it to lay some low voltage wire and PVC 1/2 inch pipe going to the goldfish pond. Ken Sweet

/ Tiller Question
Great Idea. I hadn't given any thought to removing tines.
I know my GC2400 will lift it(It's a King Kutter II), I was concerned with the tilling width.
Thank you very much.

/ Tiller Question #8  
You could remove a couple rows of tines, if you need to use it and it seems too much for your tractor. Being new the bolts should come right out. Once, I removed all the tines on a 48 except 1 row. I then used it to lay some low voltage wire and PVC 1/2 inch pipe going to the goldfish pond. Ken Sweet

Another GREAT idea....I am always amazed at how much I learn on this site:thumbsup:.