Tiller Tiller recommendations

/ Tiller recommendations #11  
I have never seen a box blade Shake a tractor as part of normal operation. Money ahead if you are tilling your own garden- pay someone.

Shaking is not the same as straining. Yeah, shaking will rattle things. Straining will rip things apart.

/ Tiller recommendations #12  
Never saw a Kubota with cement rebar welded to the back axle cases. Owner said it was shaking from his tiller that did it. Welded like spokes from the cases back to the axle- six per side.

/ Tiller recommendations #13  
Never saw a Kubota with cement rebar welded to the back axle cases. Owner said it was shaking from his tiller that did it. Welded like spokes from the cases back to the axle- six per side.

Well, there we go. Rototillers are bad for your tractor. Don't get one!;)

/ Tiller recommendations #14  
I'd say my 7 foot tiller is one of the easiest or tamest implements on my tractor. Maybe if I was breaking sod all the time I would think differently but for field work and gardens, I love running it. Quiet and relaxing.

/ Tiller recommendations #15  
I have never had my tractor shaking from tilling my garden. I have been tilling with my tractor for 8 years. When I am using the tiller I am in low range and running at 2450 rpm. I just take my time with it. Tractor turns it with no problem at all.

/ Tiller recommendations #16  
I have never had my tractor shaking from tilling my garden. I have been tilling with my tractor for 8 years. When I am using the tiller I am in low range and running at 2450 rpm. I just take my time with it. Tractor turns it with no problem at all.

Yeah, but have you welded rebar to your rear diff?:laughing:

/ Tiller recommendations #17  
What makes my tiller shake is roots, rocks and buried steel. Soil is relatively easy.

/ Tiller recommendations #18  
Get a tiller to cover your tire width. I purchased a 72" one last year and you can till any way you want. No compaction from running over partially re-tilled areas. You will be happy you did. As far as for being pushed by a forward tiller I have never experienced that feeling. I have been tilling for over 18 years now.

/ Tiller recommendations #19  
I have never seen a box blade Shake a tractor as part of normal operation. Money ahead if you are tilling your own garden- pay someone.

The difference tho....You can tighten up those bolts rattled loose by that Box, their on the outside....lol....that tiller is loosening all the bolts on the Inside.....I Hate Engine work...that was my DADS specialty and I never developed it....lol

You are right tho DB......smaller Bites make a World of difference.....

Smokin'

/ Tiller recommendations #20  
Depends on the cost differential. If your tractor has industrial tires that aren't adjustable you might save some money buying the 72" and a pair of new ag tires? On mine it made aabout 8" difference.