tiller--row marker

/ tiller--row marker #1  

tonyw

Gold Member
Tractor
YM1401d
I'm wondering if anyone has a method for marking rows behind a rotary tiller. I usually till a row thoroughly, then go back and make small furrows for planting seeds, using a triangular hoe.
I was thinking I might attach something to the rear door of the tiller which would drag along behind and make evenly spaced furrows. Any thoughts?
thanks!

tony w /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tiller--row marker #2  
Sounds like a reasonable idea. A bar (angle iron) across the back of the rear door to which you'd attach a variable number of little weighted hoes to make furrows. They need to be independently attached so they can ride up and down separately. A downside would be that you couldn't back up without risking damage unless you lift the implement and the dangling attachments free of the ground.

Pat

/ tiller--row marker
Thanks for the reply, Pat. Hmm... now the wheels are spinning--I just needed some help getting started. If this works, i'll get a picture of my contraption posted.
thanks again

tony

/ tiller--row marker #5  
I was thinking the same thing my papaw has a tiller from lowes an MTD and it has a shank on the back that makes perfrect seed row.

and I also seen a kubota tiller in japan (someone posted here) that has an attachment off the back for making rice paddy rows i think it looks like a 1' ripper v-plow i'd about bet it'd work something like that.

Attachments

• 289856-japtractor.JPG
    289856-japtractor.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 199
   / tiller--row marker
I'm not promising results that are pretty; in fact, whatever I come up with may be downright ugly...I'm just hoping I'll get something that works!

BTW, Gary, I noticed you're from NC...me too, and I have a cousin who plays in a Bluegrass band! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ tiller--row marker #7  
Charlotte area. According to my wife, I'm a certified bluegrass nut. Play most instruments except a Dobro.

/ tiller--row marker
Not too far away from me...I'm just south of Greensboro.
My cousin plays the banjo and bass w/a band called Southeast Express...

/ tiller--row marker #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Charlotte area. According to my wife, I'm a certified bluegrass nut. Play most instruments except a Dobro. )</font>

Well how about playing something for us /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ican maybe hear you down here in Clover S C