Tiller too large for BX24 ?

/ Tiller too large for BX24 ? #11  
Sully2 said:
Too many guys ( my farmer buddy included) want to just "bolt on" impliment "X" and "ram A**" to get the job done..and if they arent careful...in the long run they are going to pay for it.

I agree wholeheartedly! It cannot be stressed enough. You have to remember YOU ARE EXCEEDING THE RECOMENDED PARAMETERS!:eek:

My mothers companion of twenty years (and he's 60ish) went to a funeral a few years back for his father, a farmer in PEI all his life, who decided he would change a sodium bulb on the farms outbuilding by being lifted in one of the tractors' loader. Sure enough, they hit a pothole or rose over a rock and it went over and killed him. :(

/ Tiller too large for BX24 ?
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll run across someting narrower.

/ Tiller too large for BX24 ? #13  
I recently purchased a 45" Agric gear drive tiller that weighs 400lbs, I run it behind my little 2WD 15hp Mitsubishi tractor, it cost 1100.00 and 1300.00 shipped to my area.
This tiller works real good behind my little tractor, I needed to find something light enough for the tractor and would cover my tracks.

/ Tiller too large for BX24 ? #15  
My BX22 runs a 50" Yanmar tiller just fine and has done so for 3 years. Of course the same tiller worked just fine behind my 14.5 hp Yanmar tractor fo 24 years before that, including 4 years of doing commercial tilling. Never had a bit of trouble with either rig. Just listen to the machine and if in doubt...
Slow down! The load you put on the tractor with the tiller is entirely dependant upon ground speed. With a 50 incher behind my BX, it never even burps against the governor, just hums along with the engine note unchanging.
Hope this helps, Dave

/ Tiller too large for BX24 ? #16  
bx23barry said:
All I can say is my bx23 runs my 50" maschio tiller just fine. :cool:

Is that tiller a rear-tine tiller, or forward tine tiller?:confused:
IE, does it push the tractor (forward tine) or does it pull back (rear tine)?

/ Tiller too large for BX24 ? #18  
BX2230_Lockport said:
Is that tiller a rear-tine tiller, or forward tine tiller?:confused:
IE, does it push the tractor (forward tine) or does it pull back (rear tine)?

It is a normal forward rotation and I have no trouble with it pushing the little tractor around in the hardpan clay we got here. HP is never an issue either. I maybe use the tiller more than anything else (toss-up with the hoe).