Grading Tilling using box blade rippers

/ Tilling using box blade rippers #11  
I have had some success in pulling dirt from one place to another. I am real nervous that backing with it might bend the 3PH arms.

There are numerous posts on T-B-N from others cautioning against over-stressing lower link arms in reverse. After all, lower links are designed to pull, not push. I have replaced Kubota CHECK CHAINS/TURNBUCKLES with rigid stabilizers from Stabilworks, which reinforce the lower links in reverse as well simplifying mounting of implements to the 3-Pt. hitch.

I am still cautious, but I now regularly push LOOSE dirt with the box blade. See photo. LOOSE DIRT!

LINK:

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota [url]www.stabilworks.com - YouTube[/url]

Kubota B3300SU / 33-hp / 1,900 pounds / 4-WD​

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
   / Tilling using box blade rippers #12  
If you need more penetration do not hesitate to remove one or two rippers, concentrating implement weight on reduced number of rippers. On my 'Bush Hog' Rollover Box Blade rippers drop off after removing one 3/4" nut/bolt/washer per ripper.

In photo I was ripping very tough Bahia pasture grass prior to raking Bahia, then seeding and rolling wildflowers.

Three rippers in use, two removed. Box blade weight = 630 pounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
   / Tilling using box blade rippers #13  
-tried the box blade method last year, way way to much seat time. found a used disc for 350, paid 320, added some weight to it and the garden looks great.
-my lower link arms are are fine but whatever you call those adjustment arms are bent to heck, from pushing the box blade. Mine adjust with pin holes not tunbuckels
-crazy old thread i was thread, i was excited "home brew" was back, that cat seemed to be the "grand po ba" on little bota's and fabing up implements for them. To bad he was banned for speaking out