Tilt Cylinder response too fast

/ Tilt Cylinder response too fast #1  

Glenn9643

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL
Seems like I can recall a post about this problem, but I can't find it so here goes...
I have a Hyd top link, 3" cyl, 21" closed length that operates smoothly and when I need to adjust with the lever the movement is relatively slow and easy. I've traded tractors and brought the top link with me. However, as part of the deal the new tractor had a hyd tilt cylinder installed. Looks like a 2" cylinder. Any adjustment using the lever results in very fast movement of the tilt cylinder. It's very difficult to "feather" the lever and get the 3pt level or adjusted to where I want it. Seems like I recall a thread about some sort of flow restrictor or something to correct this. I could probably go back to the dealer but if it's minor I'd just as soon do it and not have to haul the tractor. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ Tilt Cylinder response too fast #2  
There is a restrictor that you can put into the line where the fitting are. Some of the members here have ordered them from Royal Brass. I have forgotten the orifice size, but it is really small. 1/16" comes to mind.

/ Tilt Cylinder response too fast #3  
Glenn, there have been several such discussions. Perhaps the one you want is this one.

Or of course if you really want to get tired of reading a long thread, you could go to this one. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Tilt Cylinder response too fast
That was it! Thanks Bird. I remembered reading it but didn't search long enough. My hoses are 1/2", and from reading your post restrictors are probably fairly common. I'll look into it Monday.