Tilt meters

/ Tilt meters #1  

John Weaver

Silver Member
Tractor
2000 JD 790
I have a JD 790 and I am interested in installing a tilt meter. Where do you guys mount them? I talked to Rick at R and B Manufacturing about a possible mount on the fuel cap, but he does not have a design for that. I don't want to drill holes in new sheet metal, you guys have any ideas? John /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tilt meters #2  
John, I take it you do not have a canopy. That's where mine and Mark's are mounted.

Bird

/ Tilt meters #3  
Hi folks, found a good technical explaination of tractor rollover from Penn. state ag. at this site http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nasd/docs2/as11300.html
Try copying and then pasting the above in your address box.
Hope it works out. My track record on this kinda stuff is not good.
John and Bird, I just got my dual model 25 deg. tiltmeters from Rick. One meter for front & back tilt and one for side to side tilt.
They can be mounted in a corner or seperate. I will let you all know how this works out. By the way, the numbers are now nicely color coded, just as promised. Rick sent me a mess of brackets and tape to try a number of mounting combinations.
It is a real pleasure doing business with this fellow. He really knows his business and is as straight a shooter as they come.

best regards,
george

/ Tilt meters
No, I don't have a canopy. The hood looks loke a logical place as far as being able to see it, But could get knocked off. PS I agree that Rick is probally one of the most honest guys I have talked to about an internet purchase. John. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tilt meters #5  
I haven't found him to be honest at all. He's cheated himself several times in his dealings with me. Despite my protests, even. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Mark

/ Tilt meters #6  
Bad syntax! He was more than honest with you. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Tilt meters #7  
Wen - How would you know? You weren't there... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Mark

/ Tilt meters #8  
You got me there. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Tilt meters #9  
Now that you guys have had the tilt meters for a while do you find that you can feel the grade of a slope without looking at the meter or do you rely on it more so than the seat of your pants??
Gordon

/ Tilt meters #10  
Great article thanks
Gordon