tilt steering won't lock anymore

/ tilt steering won't lock anymore #1  

rollbar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2005 4520 jd
I have a 2005 4520 open station john deere power reverser tractor with 600 hrs on it
been a good tractor, but now the tilt steering mechanism has messed up and I can't lock it in place. it just floats u p and down. I took off the collar and could not see anything broke
or missing but cannot lock the colonm in place. jd dealer looked up the parts and jd has changed the total assembly from the original, have to buy one that is adaptable but different. cost 400.00 plus install. trying to find wrecked or dismanted 2005 4520. anyone
had this same problem and fixed it? thanks for any reply

/ tilt steering won't lock anymore #2  
I have a 2005 4520 open station john deere power reverser tractor with 600 hrs on it
been a good tractor, but now the tilt steering mechanism has messed up and I can't lock it in place. it just floats u p and down. I took off the collar and could not see anything broke
or missing but cannot lock the colonm in place. jd dealer looked up the parts and jd has changed the total assembly from the original, have to buy one that is adaptable but different. cost 400.00 plus install. trying to find wrecked or dismanted 2005 4520. anyone
had this same problem and fixed it? thanks for any reply

Great info, my 3320 is starting to do the same thing. I'll make sure to get it repaired under warranty!

/ tilt steering won't lock anymore #3  
Hi All, same on 3120 when new, was my first complaint & was supposedly "fixed" under warranty, which included 1 new assembly - now at 800hrs, still slips sometimes. from what i could see theres not much to adjust - the only thing that might help u rollbar is to try & get a stronger spring that pulls those teeth harder into the "toothed bar" if u get what i mean. hey NF keep at them under warrantee, cos it is very frustratring when damned thing slips. if theres a new assembly, looks like it might have given a bit too much grief......cheers OzGH