TILTING BOX BLADE

/ TILTING BOX BLADE #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
As anyone who has run across my posts, I'm trying to figure out best way of "scratching" the surtface of rocky ground to do deer food plots. I've considered tillers, power rakes, plows, drag harrows, you name it. Since some of the fields have small craters where they were stumped, a box blade could help smooth them out. When a saw a recent post about box blades which showed a nice picture of the scarifiers, I wondered if a box blade can be tilted so that the teeth rip the surface, but the box does not collect much ground?

/ TILTING BOX BLADE #2  
Most certainly! Either the ripper teeth can be lowered OR the box can be canted forward OR both.

/ TILTING BOX BLADE
Thanks for that info. Does canting the box forward require hydraulic top link or is that a manual adjustment?

/ TILTING BOX BLADE #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for that info. Does canting the box forward require hydraulic top link or is that a manual adjustment? )</font>

Both will and do work but hydraulic is lots easier.

/ TILTING BOX BLADE #5  
I have pretty rocky sol and a tiller would really take a beating trying to churn up the soil. I used some discs and they worked great. I have many rocks on my property but the discs broke up the ground with no problem. If the rocks are softball size a York rake or box blade set correctly will get the rocks out of the way for you.

Attachments

• 800034-tractpr 029.jpg
    800034-tractpr 029.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 282
   / TILTING BOX BLADE #7  
I put a hydraulic top link on and now tilting is real easy, but before I would just turn my top link to tighten it and lower the teeth, worked pretty good.

/ TILTING BOX BLADE #8  
what kind of top link do you have I'am looking to put one on for tilting my carryall

/ TILTING BOX BLADE #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what kind of top link do you have I'am looking to put one on for tilting my carryall)</font>

I got this one from CCM. See picture...and THIS is the link to it.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 800748-COMPONENTS.JPG
    800748-COMPONENTS.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 237