Timber crew

/ Timber crew #1  

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Platinum Member
I figured I'd put in a post to help get this new forum started.....After a hard morning of christmas tree harvesting........my crew stocks some firewood for the cold evening ahead (EZ-GO ST350 Sold by steiner in our area) of cookie frosting and taste testing..............Tom

Attachments

• 349537-Timber crew 2.jpg
    349537-Timber crew 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 704
   / Timber crew #2  
Great picture, Tom! Where did you find the rectangular trees you cut that firewood from? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Your "crew" looks like they are having a fun time. I bet they like taking rides in that ST-350. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Timber crew
Jinman....I have a friend who runs an excavating business in the summer and sells firewood in the winter........He has contracts with several amish run mills in the area to take all their outs and cutoffs.......it keeps their yards clean and provides him with a good income when winter prevents any dirt work. We get all hardwood in sizes ranging fron 4x4's to 8x8's all from 6" to 20" long.........it's green when he gets it but I usually get a load in early spring and let it dry all summer..........works perfect for winter heat supplement and gives us wood for summer campfires and cookouts too. The blocks are also great around the shop for blocking up machines........my mower deck is resting on 4 right now while I paint the underside. We get a tandem dump truck load dumped behind the barn and the kids load and unload several atv loads a week up to the house. The utility atv is an EZ-GO workhorse st 350 that was sold by the dealers of steiner articulated mowers in our area (Textron owns ez-go and bought steiner mfg which was building their tractors in our area...hence they tried marketing some utility machines in our local area rebadged as steiners).......Now they shut down the steiner plant and moved mfg of the articulated tractor line to wisconsin.........Which makes my steiner ute a collectors item or a white elephant...........but it's still an ez-go under the red paint..........I got it from a friend who had worked at the plant about 2 years ago and it has been a good addition to our property.......lots of uses we never thought of when we got it..........it replaced an old yamaha golf cart we made a wooden bed for..........the dump on the steiner is a great feature...........Tom

/ Timber crew #4  
Tom, EZ-Go has made lots of units over the years. I have a 3-wheel version that was sold under the Jacobsen brand primarily for golf courses. It has an 18 hp Onan engine and can carry a ton. ...well, that's what the book says, but don't believe it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, I discovered there was an identical EZ-Go model (GT?? I don't have my book handy) and parts for it were identical, but only half the price of the same part sold from the Jacobsen dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Guess where I buy all my parts? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've attached a picture of it. Not a bad deal for the $550 I paid for it. I've also just purchased a 2004 Kawasaki Mule 3010 4x4 for my girlfriend for Christmas. I'm supposed to take delivery next week.

Attachments

• 349945-12scoot.JPG
    349945-12scoot.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 376
   / Timber crew
Jim.......Apparently the "new" steiner tractors will be badged as "jacobsens in the near future. They just can't leave some things alone.......How come your girlfriend gets the new mule and you have the jacobsen ??? If my wife gets a new mule for christmas it will have 4 legs and the kids will ride it !! (I rode a mule into the grand canyon once........it was truely a buttwarming experience !) Tom

/ Timber crew
Daryl....Got 5" sun am and another inch or so during the day ..........finally got to play in the snow with the new quad......My wife says she likes the old one better cause you get stuck more often.........Go figure ??? Tom

/ Timber crew #8  
Tom:

One of the guys at work invited me this summer to take my quad to Hocking Hills State park. I've never rode anywhere but around the farm. Sounds like fun.

Quads don't work very well in deep snow. Sleds are much better.

Last winter I had the Honda out in the deep stuff and had to use the FEL on the 5030 to lift it from a snowbank.

/ Timber crew
Was the stuck honda quad a 4x4 ?? My old suzuki gets stuck constantly(2wd NO suspension).....But the yamaha wolverine( I owned 2 years ago for only a month) was awesome in snow. The new quad is a 04 arctic cat 400 with fully ind. suspension and selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive. Had it out in the white stuff yesterday...........So far so good !! Tom

/ Timber crew #10  
Tom:

It's a Foreman 400 4x4. In really deep snow, it piles up under the skid plate and eventually the quad is sitting on a pile just spinning it's wheels.

Typical Honda, just change the oil once a year and put gas in it. Oh, I had to replace the battery this year. Amy don't like the recoil starter. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif