Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #761  
I would still like to add my garage on the main level.
I don't have a garage either, and after 15 years of living here, it's is my number one goal. Last year I worked on a shed to move everything that is stored where the garage is going to be built. Now I'm clearing out the area that has become my dumping ground for stuff I didn't know I had. By Spring, I plan on pouring concrete. I just hope that prices don't climb too much higher!!!!!

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #762  
Oh and no removable decorative window grids. The grids don't stay on well or gets bumped out of place easily from blinds on the Anderson 400 series windows we have. For our windows at our wedding venue we went with grids between the window panes for this reason.

I bought grids for my Anderson windows, wife didn’t like them and they are stored in basement.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder
I don't have a garage either, and after 15 years of living here, it's is my number one goal. Last year I worked on a shed to move everything that is stored where the garage is going to be built. Now I'm clearing out the area that has become my dumping ground for stuff I didn't know I had. By Spring, I plan on pouring concrete. I just hope that prices don't climb too much higher!!!!!
We have the 2 car garage on the south end of the walkout basement but a larger 3 car on the main level is still my goal. That or a metal barn some day.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #765  
When I built I wanted a 'hobby shop', attached but without direct access.
My city refused it as such so I had to install a garage door to get my permit.
LOL, that door has never been opened nor a vehicle in the 'garage'.
On the inside it is fully insulated to R12 as is the 3 outer walls with the ceiling @ R40.
Downside is it is smaller than I desired due to proximity of my septic field.

They were afraid I might go commercial producing something or other.

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #766  
Jeremy. You linked this in the "should I get a contractor thread". Delightful to read through this entire thread again. Amazing job.

So, 6/7 years later, what would you change? Whats the few dumb and simple things that occasionally irk you about the design or features?
Deezler, you must read faster than me or took longer reading sessions, as I did the same and just now finished reading Jemery's build. Just as awesome as his wedding venue build. Jon

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #767  
When I built I wanted a 'hobby shop', attached but without direct access.
My city refused it as such so I had to install a garage door to get my permit.
LOL, that door has never been opened nor a vehicle in the 'garage'.
On the inside it is fully insulated to R12 as is the 3 outer walls with the ceiling @ R40.
Downside is it is smaller than I desired due to proximity of my septic field.

They were afraid I might go commercial producing something or other.
I wanted my workshop done as soon as the house build finiished. Well house is still not finished but garage for vehicles and separate workshop with attached trailer/stuff storage were built the year we moved into the unfinished house. Using the workshop to build kitchen cabinets, window trim etc.

Piloon: And I put in a garage door into the workshop side to the outside. This way I can unload big items without trying to caarry them in through the walk in door.

Beautiful job Jeremy. howed the wife your pictures of both building. We love them, but our budget would not allow for that type of build. Enjoy yours and we look forward to that chicken coop build. Jon

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #768  
Deezler, you must read faster than me or took longer reading sessions, as I did the same and just now finished reading Jemery's build. Just as awesome as his wedding venue build. Jon
Haha, no I just remembered a lot of it, having lived through it the first time. So I breezed back through and mainly just hit the highlights. Plus I was on the clock here at work, had to be efficient LOL