Times are changing.

/ Times are changing. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Yesterday I spent the day at dealers consignment auction where everything they had was to be sold.
While sitting on a John Deere hay bailer like a ruffle grouse drink a coffee chatting with friends while the sun slowly peek over the New Hampshire mountains to warm us all,I notice a new breed of auction bidders more so this year.

When I use to attend this auctions with my father it was more like reunion,for one would see old friends and make new friends and chat away.
At the auction there were a number of people who had cellular phone call to inform others of different equipment and what was there highest bid,also there was one fellow and his wife who had a lap top with buyers on chat room and instant messaging others.
If the middle man had and interest for one of his buyers he would send a mechanic over with a punch list to check the unit from top to bottom.
This one really caught my attendion and thats why I'm writting this.
One fellow was taking pictures of different equipment than sending pictures to his buyers thru his computer.
So it looks more like the old country auctions are also being replace by high tech ways.
Instead of walking over and telling a friend about a piece of equipment you use your computer or cellular phone,or instead of eyeing or feeling the equipment you hire a certify mechanic.

Will I guess I'm from the old school, where a woman knows what a home cook meal is,and a man works and takes care of his family and the answer to love isn't found in a pill or magazine.
Yep I guess you could call me an old timer now. :eek:)
Take care one and all.

/ Times are changing. #2  
Yes, I remember. However, those lap tops might be useful if they had a voice recognition unit that could understand the auctioneer