Tinted window alternative for cab tractors.

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #1  

shortthrow50

Banned
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
Ok so i tinted my windows this weekend. I was not happy with it although it did look good as **** on the outside. However, i went way too dark. Woulda been better off with a 35 percent. I removed the door window tints and kept the rear window tint, a sunvisor for the tops of the doors and the windsheild. Tonight i just ordered something that RV owners say are the perfect solution when you need full lighting for nightime use (plowing or etc.) The product is called rv quickshade and it will keep the sun out if your mowing on a hot sunny day and removes in seconds if you need it off at night. Uses suction cups and you can trim to fit. It is like limo tint on the outside and you can see good looking out. I will update with pictures when the product arrives and let you know if the product is as good as they say. Good alternative for those that cant tint either.
Here is a link to what i ordered and some pics of my tractor below the link

This is enough to do both doors. like i said, i left the rear tinted so you would need more than what i ordered.
RV Pana Shade 108W x 46H

before tint removed (too friggin dark inside to do anything on a cloudy day)
IMAG0231.jpg

and, with the door tint removed

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #2  
Awesome! I'm thinking of tinting my T190 and mini excavator, now I wish I had a cabbed tractor to tint. Does look great tinted!

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #3  
You can buy window tint that will remove up to 97% IR rays, 99.9% UV, 72% of heat from the sun, while allowing 40 to 90% light transmission. In other words, you dont need a dark tint to block heat. Then of course, if you want to block the light (glare and so forth) dark tint or temporary sunshades would work much better.

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #4  
You can buy window tint that will remove up to 97% IR rays, 99.9% UV, 72% of heat from the sun, while allowing 40 to 90% light transmission. In other words, you dont need a dark tint to block heat. Then of course, if you want to block the light (glare and so forth) dark tint or temporary sunshades would work much better.

Any specific brand to search for or other info? Would be interested in doing this as we operate at night.

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #5  
It does look good. How much tint did you use when you tinted all the windows? Just getting an idea.

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #6  

IR is reduced only in a very small spectrum of light. Window film can only do 3 things with heat and light. Absorb,transmit or reflect. One way or another the totals of these 3 will be 100% the lighter the film the more light and usually heat passes through the glass. A film like "limo" is dark and will absorb heat and reradaite it back into the cab. All window films no matter how light or dark will reject 99% of UV .. So will any laminated glass. I have been in this business since 1985 so if anyone needs help picking a material for their tractor I will. E glad to help

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors.
It does look good. How much tint did you use when you tinted all the windows? Just getting an idea.

i bought a 20 foot roll by 36 wide. there is a bunch left over though

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #8  
Looked good all tinted. Did you remove it because of the heat transmission or because you couldn't see anything?

Wonder if there's a tint that would block say 90% of the heat, yet allow 90% of light (night time) through?

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors.
Rockgod said:
Looked good all tinted. Did you remove it because of the heat transmission or because you couldn't see anything?

Wonder if there's a tint that would block say 90% of the heat, yet allow 90% of light (night time) through?

I removed it becuase it was just too dark looking out. I have all my vehicles tinted dark like that and I can deal with it. But thus I couldn't deal with on the tractor. I couldn't see in fine detail in low light situations. It would be great for use on sunny hot days only. If you plan on using at night or snow, you will have issues. That's why I think the sunshades will be great. Can't wait to let u know if its a good product

/ Tinted window alternative for cab tractors. #10  
I removed it becuase it was just too dark looking out. I have all my vehicles tinted dark like that and I can deal with it. But thus I couldn't deal with on the tractor. I couldn't see in fine detail in low light situations. It would be great for use on sunny hot days only. If you plan on using at night or snow, you will have issues. That's why I think the sunshades will be great. Can't wait to let u know if its a good product

Looking forward to your report.