Tires Tire chains for CK25

/ Tire chains for CK25 #1  

J.meyers

Here in central Mi, we have had snow , ice , rain more snow etc. I am up to about 2ft on the level and ice underneath. I am using a 6ft back blade to keep my 1000' driveway clean. I am starting to have trouble w/ traction. Where is a good place to buy a set of chains and how much should I expect to pay? and lastly will rear chains be good or should I chain all four?
Thanks in advance.

/ Tire chains for CK25 #4  
J.meyers said:
Here in central Mi, we have had snow , ice , rain more snow etc. I am up to about 2ft on the level and ice underneath. I am using a 6ft back blade to keep my 1000' driveway clean. I am starting to have trouble w/ traction. Where is a good place to buy a set of chains and how much should I expect to pay? and lastly will rear chains be good or should I chain all four?
Thanks in advance.

I have been working with tractors with rear chains for 30 years. I recently put the v-bar chains on the front of my CK20. I could not use rear chains without removing the 4 pt. backhoe frame made by Woods.

I really like the front chains.

My first choice would be front and back but in an either or, both have advantages but I have to say that having tried both--front is my preference.

Using the HST, chains on the front, blade and FEL--I have cleared some major snow and enjoyed doing it this winter. The only time snow removal got tedius is when the CK20 was down for a week and I had to go back to a gear, rear chains, blade and FEL. I missed that grab of the front chains, gear took so long for the front back front work.

The Rockwell scale on those chains from TireChains is 360, which is good hardened steel at a good price. I bought the spring tensioners and am pleased with them and would recommend the tensioners.

Good luck with your decisions.

CBB

/ Tire chains for CK25 #5  
I purchased a set of the duo-grip from tire chains.com and they work well at a price that was beat wherever I looked. I just put them on the rear of my CK30hst when the snow got deep and no more traction problems. I have them on R4's and the ride gets a little bumpy whenever you are on hard ground or pavement. I was going to add the extra chain like is on the duo ladder. It might make it a bit smoother ride. They also wear good. I've spun them a few times on hard ground and saw very little wear.

/ Tire chains for CK25 #6  
CBB said:
I have been working with tractors with rear chains for 30 years. I recently put the v-bar chains on the front of my CK20. I could not use rear chains without removing the 4 pt. backhoe frame made by Woods.

I really like the front chains.

My first choice would be front and back but in an either or, both have advantages but I have to say that having tried both--front is my preference.

Using the HST, chains on the front, blade and FEL--I have cleared some major snow and enjoyed doing it this winter. The only time snow removal got tedius is when the CK20 was down for a week and I had to go back to a gear, rear chains, blade and FEL. I missed that grab of the front chains, gear took so long for the front back front work.

The Rockwell scale on those chains from TireChains is 360, which is good hardened steel at a good price. I bought the spring tensioners and am pleased with them and would recommend the tensioners.

Good luck with your decisions.

CBB

thanks for sharing - I am going to see about adding chains to my front tires as well

/ Tire chains for CK25
Thanks all. I will start w/ rear and then go to all 4