Chains Tire chains

/ Tire chains #1  

starbrightsteve

Tractor
l2800 Kubota
I sold my farm and tractors and bought a BX2380. The dealer cautioned me about using chains on the front wheels and said it was best to just use them on the rear. When I had a chance I inspected the rear wheels and slid my hand flat across the tread. The top of my fingers rubbed a cable or hose of some sort. I don稚 think there is any room for chains. I did use the tractor for clearing snow, we just got 24? The turf tires worked ok because it痴 mostly flat at this new place. I知 planning to put chains on the front if I ever/ or when we have ice. How have others dealt with this lack of clearance above the rear wheels?
Steve

/ Tire chains #2  
I have the previous version. It is a 2015 Bx25D (Bx2370-1). I have run chains every year only on the back and I have never had any issues. I have considered chains for the front but with the snowblower on the 3ph they aren’t necessary.

/ Tire chains #3  
I have run chains also on the rear with no issue's, I would suggest using correct size chains and also use some sort of tensioner on them.

/ Tire chains #4  
My tractor is larger than yours but I’ve only used chains on the fronts. Not having a blower, I have front and rear blades. Both try to steer the tractor. For many years I only had the rear blade, the tractor would be in a crab position going down my driveway, about 450 feet. Sometimes it would kick the front wheel over the edge. By the time winter was over the fields on either side of my drive had these interesting circles as I needed to clear a path circling back to where I could climb onto the drive. I finally bought front chains, cut plowing time after a storm in half, and no more sliding off the drive. I’m not sure why the advice against front chains but my dealer says it’s what customers want and only chains he stocks.

/ Tire chains #5  
I have a 2380 with turfs and run rear chains with no problems. Use a tensioner and tywrap any loose link IMG_0160.JPG

Last edited:
   / Tire chains #6  
I used V-bar chains on my first tractor. They were very heavy tractor chains. Provided extreme traction - rode like a COB.

/ Tire chains #7  
I ran front only chains on my L3200 & now on my L4060. No problems. The L3200 with R4s had no room for chains without wheel spacers pushing the tires out a couple inches. 60" track & 60" implements made that something I wasn't interested in. So I never could put rear chains on.

72" track on the L4060 with adjustable width R4s. I haven't even checked to see if there is room for chains that I can remember. I think I can adjust them a notch or 2 wider, but haven't looked recently. Chains would help, but it hasn't been worth the time, effort or cost to get some big heavy awkward chains for the rears.