TIRE CHAINS

/ TIRE CHAINS #1  

NorthShoreYanmar

Tractor
SA223
Had a bad experience purchasing for my old Kubota. Went throut 2 vendors before the 3rd vendors chains finally fit. I can't find where I purchased from last. Do you have any recommendations?

Much thanks.

/ TIRE CHAINS #2  
What style of chains are you looking for?

I bought a set of Trygg chains, specifically their SMT Flexi 8mm which are easily adjustable by adding and removing links without tools.

These chains are aggressive:

SMT Flexi 8.jpg

I am very happy with their fit.

/ TIRE CHAINS #3  
Forgot to say welcome to TBN!

/ TIRE CHAINS #4  
Welcome to TBN. :)

Many types chain patter pick from,most of all do you want ice cheated chains?

/ TIRE CHAINS #5  
Last time I purchased chains the manufacturer says you have to cut links to make them fit properly

Chains can be hard/awkward to put on and keep tight. I switched to studs on all four tires, they do a good job for me on ice.

/ TIRE CHAINS #7  

Shouldn't be simply base on the tire size?
My experience has been that actual tire widths/diameters vary a substantial amount depending on manufacturer, air pressure, and tire wear, especially with deep tread like with a tractor. Chains claiming to fit a particular size may or may not

/ TIRE CHAINS #9  
I've purchased a few sets from this vendor, and the last ones I'm very happy with.

KC
Ditto. Always standard 2-link ladders for front, and heavy-duty 2-link ladders for rear, and they have always fit perfectly. They come with about four extra links (beyond nominal sizing) on what would be the side rails of the "ladder", which you cut off after fitting to your tires. Don't forget to buy your favorite tensioner, with the chains.

/ TIRE CHAINS #10  
Yes I started with the 2 ladder chains for the tractor and then purchased these studded chains.

KC