Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - essay

/ Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - essay
Finished product - Tractor with Turfs

Attachments

• 320763-spreader_side.JPG
    320763-spreader_side.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 513
   / Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - essay #13  
Looks like you have the camera all figured out! Which one did you buy?

Nice photos and all well exposed. Sharp too!

/ Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - essay #15  
Nice photo essay Steve, thanks. The tire comparison shots are great. Now, if you don't mind, could you go out and get a set of R1's and do the same thing? I'd like to see all three types lined up for comparison /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="blue">Now, if you don't mind, could you go out and get a set of R1's and do the same thing? I'd like to see all three types lined up for comparison </font>

Sure, maybe you can get some sponsers lined up for me! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - essay #17  
So how do you find the difference in tires as far as leaving marks in turf?

/ Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - essay #18  
Re: Tire change - Industrial to Turf a photo - ess

My turf tires are actually bigger than my R4's. I notice yours are opposite. I haven't put the turfs on yet, really never felt the need. Plus my terrain is a bit hilly & the R4's don't mark up much unless I happen to go sideways on a hill when it is wet. I've been tempted to put the turfs on just to see what it looks like.

<font color="blue"> So how do you find the difference in tires as far as leaving marks in turf? </font>

Big difference, the R4s have no "give" to them (thats what makes them great for loader use). The turfs are much more compliant. If you slip with the turfs, you can mark up the grass, but at least you don't dig a hole like the R4s.

My yard is full of obstacles, trees fence etc. I have to turn alot while mowing, thats when the R4 front tires would leave a mark, especially on a hill.

My soil is pretty soft, if you have hard clay, your milage may vary.