Tire driven Sidewinder advice

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice
Thanks so much for your offer. Private message sent.
Gene

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice
I got your information. It will be very helpful.
Thank you!
Gene

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #44  
Man, your sidewinder looks practically new compared to mine.
It has been redone and repainted. Got a pic of yours? We have an older one that has not been redone, it looks pretty rough. Here is what the one I posted looked like before we redid it. We took it and converted it from a 3 point hitch to a pull type..Disregard the junk! We had been cleaning out the shop too!
1662701102128.png

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #45  
It has been redone and repainted. Got a pic of yours? We have an older one that has not been redone, it looks pretty rough. Here is what the one I posted looked like before we redid it. We took it and converted it from a 3 point hitch to a pull type..Disregard the junk! We had been cleaning out the shop too!
View attachment 761661
I don't have a pic. The top deck of mine is all rusted out but it still cuts like a champ. One of these days I'll replace the deck.

/ Tire driven Sidewinder advice #46  
I have two of those tire drive Sidewinders, a 6' and a 7'. The 6' is in better shape, but the 7' cuts better. My dad always kept a Sidewinder when I was growing up and I spent many, many hours bushhogging Tennessee hillsides with them. Used his 3000 Ford to pull them, and they would chew up literally anything that the tractor was capable of pushing over. The 6' I have is the last one that he had, the 7' is one I bought just a few years ago. The deck is rotten on it, but it cuts like a champ. The 6' has the hand crank height adjustment, which is frozen, and the wheels are on either side of the deck. The 7' has a hydraulic height adjustment and the wheels are behind the cutter, so you can mow closer to fence rows with it.