Tires Tire lost pressure, separated from rim

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #1  

SpotsyMatt

Tractor
NH TC45
Pushing some snow today for the neighbor and ended up getting stuck.
Had it in 4WD - we got 2+ feet of snow and the drifts were 3' in places.

Anyhow, the tractor was leaning to the right and I'm guessing that in trying to free it the tire lost pressure and separated from the rim.
Been on snow except for the last 400' or so was on the road. I didn't notice the tire problem until I got back to the house.
Hoping I didn't damage the tire or the rim.

My question is how to inflate it. I'm thinking I can life the front end with the FEL and maybe put some blocks under it.
But, I don't know much of anything about this.

Here's a pic of the outside.

IMG_20160124_161221.jpg

Thanks for advice!

Matt

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #2  
Had the samething happen...

I used the loader to elevate the tire, pulled the valve core and used a ratchet strap around the tire tread to push out the bead to the rim...

Taking out the valve core was the only way I could get enough volume to seat the bead... had the compressor at max.

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim
Had the samething happen...

I used the loader to elevate the tire, pulled the valve core and used a ratchet strap around the tire tread to push out the bead to the rim...

Taking out the valve core was the only way I could get enough volume to seat the bead... had the compressor at max.

Ratchet strap sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip!

I saw some YT video of a guy spraying something into the tire and then lighting it... not sure I'm going to try that though.
Thanks,
Matt

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #4  
Jack it up and put a stand under. Wrap a strong ratchet strap around the center of the tread. Tighten. Remove valve core, try to inflate. If no joy sometimes a little Joy (or Dawn or =) brushed between tire and run will help. Tapping tread w a mallet (toward the axle) sometimes helps. Main trick is a big compressor tank for a big blast of air.
I've done this with a half inch rope tightened with a piece of pipe but the ratchet strap is easier. You'll want to loosen the strap as the tire inflates.
Once the bead seats you can let the air out to reinstall the valve core. I usually try to not let it all out and lose the bead set. Good luck.
Jim

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #6  
R4's are stiff tires so people neglect checking the air pressure and this happens often. I have used starter fluid to inflate tough tires...not for the timid or ones that have slow reactions.

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #7  
Happened to me with R3s. Ultimately had to put tubes in them.

Did pretty much what ultrarunner said when tubeless.

Make sure you only inflate enough to get the beads seated and immediately remove the strap.

Ralph

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #8  
On my Polaris Ranger XP 900, I "sealed" the rim by placing duct tape around the entire rim and tire lip. It slowed the loss of air just enough to start filling the tire and eventually popped the tire back into the rim.

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #9  
I have done the ether trick (and it did work). It should be a last resort or in an emergency. If you choose to do so, just spray a small amount in the tire and put something big between you and the tire. (tree, etc).

/ Tire lost pressure, separated from rim #10  
Soooooooooo, are you back in business?