? Tire preference ?

/ ? Tire preference ? #1  

GerardC

Elite Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK20 GEAR.
Two things.First off,I would like to know about weighted tires(how it's done,any maintenance etc.)and second, the "IN THE FIELD" difference between "Turf" and "Ag" tires.I have areas that have soft spots but overall my ground is pretty solid.Which is the better tire? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ ? Tire preference ? #2  
Weighted or loaded tires usally have water/antifreeze or a water/calcium cholride mix . I have never seen them filled as my dealer performed the sevice for me as part of my tractor purchase .
As far as tire selection , I have R-4 tires and find them to be a great all around tire . They are wide and have a nice tread pattern . They do not cause as much damage to lawns /pastures as ag tires do .Ag tires are the most aggressive and are usually used more in the farming industry , but they do provide the best traction . Turf tires are used more in the golf course / lawn care industry and leave little damage to grass . They also can bridge soft stops but provide little traction .
For me personally , I would not use anything but R-4 tires ,but again it fits my application of my tractors uses very well .If I was strickly farming ,I might go to the ag tires .
Hope this helps,
Big Al

/ ? Tire preference ? #3  
I agree with Al.
All field work (maximum traction) Ag's
All lawn work (least traction) Turfs
I do a combination of both so I went with R-4's

/ ? Tire preference ? #4  
The other posts have covered the tires well .
But the reason I went with R4's is that they are a bit "thicker skinned " . For my use that seemed to be a must have .
Basically my property is what you might call unimproved . There are some places that are hard to walk through let alone drive . So I wanted a fairly puncture resistant tire . To offset the traction difference between the r1's and r4's I went with chains for mud and ice or snow . John

/ ? Tire preference ?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I agree with Al.
All field work (maximum traction) Ag's
All lawn work (least traction) Turfs
I do a combination of both so I went with R-4's )</font>

I also would be doing a combination,but don't know what the "R-4's" look like.Some webs show "AG" "TURF" and "IND" with the pictures.Is the R-4 a new tire or am I just not looking in the right place? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ ? Tire preference ? #6  
R-4 / IND = Same Tire /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ ? Tire preference ?
Thanks clundog!Would you know (roughly) what the cost difference is between the tires?

/ ? Tire preference ? #8  
titanr4.jpg

/ ? Tire preference ?
What's with the YELLOW rim?? LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks for the photo.

/ ? Tire preference ? #10  
I know the IND and Turf tires usually cost more however I don't think there is alot of difference in price, I think it kind of depends on your dealer! I'm in the process of buying a Mahindra 2615 and you can chose any tire, same price. Sorry I couldn't be more specific on $.