? Tire preference ?

/ ? Tire preference ? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What's with the YELLOW rim?? )</font>

sorry, it came from the Titan website... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ ? Tire preference ? #13  
Ok, this looks like a good place to jump in. I'm getting a 3054XS, hopfully pick it up next week. The dealer did not recomend R4 tires because of there performance in the snow and mud. He dosn't stock them because he sells tractors in the mountains of Colorado and he feels they are usless in the snow. He will order them for me, but he wants cash up front first. How do you Northeners and Mountainiers feel about R4's in the snow? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ ? Tire preference ? #14  
"How do you Northeners and Mountainers feel about R4's in the snow?"

Don't think I qualify for either of the above, but I'll put in my two cents worth any way! Personally if you're in deep heavy wet snow ag tires are probably best, R-4's 2nd, Turf last. However that being said I also feel that weight comes into play here, because if you've ever been on hard packed snow, driveway etc.. a light weight machine isn't very good no matter what tire is on it. I ordered mine with R-4's because I wanted a little better traction when operating the FEL but also didn't want something that would tear up the yard when i drove across it. Different circumstances for everything. Hopefully I helped some, good luck!

/ ? Tire preference ? #15  
I'm no expert, and haven't gotten my tractor yet, but I've been looking around for the same answer to. I will be getting turf for my ck20 mainly for lawn purposes but some occasional FEL and grunt work Seen some sites where guys complain about R-4's and no traction in mud. I think they are only marginally better than turf when you look at the wide flat tread bar on the R-4. Make the bars .25 inch wider and you practicly have a slick. In snow I see no difference at all between the two or three tires. Snow/ice pretty much levels the playing field. Chains will probably be needed if you are pushing big snow piles. 4WD should keep me out of trouble for my small jobs. Those Ag tires will grip in and tear things up, but if thats not an issue, oh well. My 2 cents worth. Don't know about the dealer not ordering R-4's though. Must be a know it all. His way or you pay for it type of guy. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ ? Tire preference ? #16  
TomK,
Congrats on the 3054. I just received mine on Friday and have about 3 1/2 hours of work on it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You are going to love it. It has already amazed me at what it can acomplish.

I am in the West, foothill/mtn, area and most dealers all put R4's on them. Maybe a Tim Taylor thing but I like the beef and on the 3054 it give a little wider footprint. If tractions is a problem, then chains might be an option.

Good luck and let me know how your 3054 works out. This is going to be a long week for you. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lablovers

/ ? Tire preference ? #17  
I'm trying to decide if I want them just because the look cooler or for more functional reasons. I'm going to be knocking down a lot of scrub oak and it's pretty tough stuff to drive over. I thought the R4's would take the beating better.