Tire Pressure with and without liquid ballast

/ Tire Pressure with and without liquid ballast #11  
I jack up the whole *** end of the tractor, put a jackstand under the side I'm not working on to keep that tire off the ground. Then roll tire into position. Use the jack to raise or lower the side I am working on to get it aligned with the center hole of the wheel. Then put the trans in neutral and turn the axle shaft to align the bolt holes. Tighten the lug bolts down, then repeat the procedure for the other side. Work smarter... not harder... :laughing:

/ Tire Pressure with and without liquid ballast #12  
I jack up the whole *** end of the tractor, put a jackstand under the side I'm not working on to keep that tire off the ground. Then roll tire into position. Use the jack to raise or lower the side I am working on to get it aligned with the center hole of the wheel. Then put the trans in neutral and turn the axle shaft to align the bolt holes. Tighten the lug bolts down, then repeat the procedure for the other side. Work smarter... not harder... :laughing:

Wish I had thought of that back when I changed a flat on my old Long 2360 rear tire with CaCl in it. I got it done, but it was definately not in the "work smarter" classification. I dont know how much it weighed, but like others have said if it had ever fell over, I was not going to be able to push it up.

James K0UA

/ Tire Pressure with and without liquid ballast

I would imagine that even with the E-hydro transmission of Deere's that if in neutral that the rear axle shaft would free turn. That would make it so much easier. Now I just have to get a jack that can handle that much weight. My 4000 lb floor jack does not do both sides at once but I could do one side, jack stand it, then do the other and that should work. Definitely smarter way of doing it.