Tire Protectants

/ Tire Protectants #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
So for the antique tractors that sit outside during the show season, do any of these tire protectants help prevent the tires from cracking and getting weather checked? Or is it all in the tire compounds and construction?

Just put the new rubber on the Allis and have new rubber on the Ford, just wondering if there is any preventative I can do to them on the days they spend outside in the sun.

Any other time mine are all indoors.

/ Tire Protectants #2  
I used Armor All on my collector car. Don't know if it really worked or not, but the tires looked like new for the shows.

/ Tire Protectants #3  
It seems Armor All has fallen out of favor with a lot of car guys. 303 has a line of products that I have used. Also Chemical Guys and Griots Garage make good stuff. Does that stuff help? Probably but I’ve not read anything scientifically saying it does.

/ Tire Protectants #4  
Sunlight & ozone are a tire's worst enemy. Also the static weight can deform tire treads if steel wire is in there. So: covers and put on blocks ! RV centers have covers for auto sized tires. Maybe modify them or copy with enlarged size in mind.

/ Tire Protectants #5  
My go-to plastic, rubber, and paint product is ProtectAll. Generally sold as an RV product, it provides UV protection.
As mentioned, sunlight is the real tire killer. My equipment trailer lives outside and I keep the tires covered with RV style covers.

/ Tire Protectants #6  
If it's parked for any amount of time what zzvyb6 said, on blocks and cover, couple pieces of wood and a couple of cheap tarps is good insurance.