Tire sealant.

/ Tire sealant. #1  

Walkin Horse

Platinum Member
Tractor
Shibuara Ford New Holland 555D NH Workmaster 55
I went to Southern States Coop this morning and found tire sealant on sale. A five gal. pail regular $250 marked down to $50 then marked down to $5.
Has anybody used this. Is there a way to get it in an old Slime squeeze bottle neatly. It has a tire valve built into the bucket. The instructions said use a pump. I'm assuming it's like fluid filling a tire.
I'm thinking it would be good for all the cheap tires on hand trucks and log splitter that won't hold air. Anybody got any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-2731931031.jpg
    image-2731931031.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 96
   / Tire sealant. #2  
Sounds like a score. I use generic slime in my wheelbarrow, log splitter, quad, etc.

I would think if you stir it and put it in an old slime bottle you could get it in the tires. The generic pink slime I bought last time came in a gallon bottle with a pump. very handy. They do sell hand pumps in auto parts stores (for tranny fluid)

/ Tire sealant.
I wonder if a hand cleaner pump would work.

/ Tire sealant. #4  
If you can get it out of the bucket and into your slime bottle it will work. The pump that is used for the 5 gallon bucket has the adapter to hook to the tire valve stem, and pumps 10 oz per pump. The pump is more expensive then what it should be but if you use any volume at all is a life saver. I go through about 5 gallons a year here at the shop for lawnmower tires.

The tire sealant shouldn't separate so there is no reason to stir it up. Also the valve stem on the side of the bucket is for air to be drawn into the bucket as you use the sealant out, to prevent a vacuum for forming.

/ Tire sealant.
I think I should go back and buy the other two. I could sell them on CL. How does this stuff mix with Rimgaurd?

/ Tire sealant. #6  
I think I should go back and buy the other two. I could sell them on CL. How does this stuff mix with Rimgaurd?

I don't think it works with rimgaurd.