Tire Size Questions

/ Tire Size Questions #1  

nobbyv

Tractor
Long 360DTC
Hey guys, I understand auto tire sizes no problem. But tractor tire sizes are new to me. I have a Farmtrac 360DTC and need new front tires. The tires on it currently are 25x10.50-15. However, I'm having trouble finding this size. Three local shops said they don't carry them, and the best I could find online was a place that maybe has one (waiting for them to confirm). The parts manual for my tractor also lists a 27x10.50-15 for ther front wheels. I assume this means I could safely run this size on the existing wheels, but wanted to check and see if that made sense to folks here. The 27x10.50-15 seems to have slightly better availability.

1627667313151.png

/ Tire Size Questions #2  
For the 25in all I'm seeing is turf tires. For the 27in all I'm seeing is industrial tires. 2in really isnt that much to worry about even on a 4x4 tractor in the dirt. Now if it's a 2wd tractor I wouldnt even think twice about changing the tire size.

/ Tire Size Questions #3  
To try to assist
25 is the total diameter of the wheel/tire combination as mounted on the rim.
10.50 is the width of the tread of the tire.
15 is the diameter of the wheel.

Since the only difference is the total diameter of the 2 sizes you mention. 1/2 of the difference will be above and 1/2 below the center point of the wheel/tire combination when mounted on the tractor. (Thing of a line parallel to the ground at the center point of the wheel/tire, 1” is below this line and 1” is above this line).
On a 2wd tractor, your front end would have a stance or ground clearance of 1 additional inch.
4wd could cause issues with rolling circumstance and the ratio to the rear tires. This would need to be studied.

/ Tire Size Questions #4  
My Kubota M6040 is 4WD. The Op manual lists several different R-1 front tire sizes and matching R-1 rear tire sizes. It's obviously important to follow these recommended sizes.

/ Tire Size Questions #5  
Just using the diameter; 25" to 27", is a 7% increase. The actual tires may not be 25" & 27", so the percent change may be more or less. But if 7% I think that's too big of an increase.
4wd tractors are set up with the front tires Leading or Pulling, 1-6% already, a 7% increase is too much.
Now if you seldom use 4wd, and only in loose soil, you could get away with the bigger tires.