Tired of oil change bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Tired of oil change bull #1  

domains

Silver Member
If you use the same brand and weigh you only need to change filter once a year, we ran 2 motors over 500tho miles this way, oil sludge is caused by mixing weighs and brands, alot of miss guided mechanics out there.

My dad Was a mechanic and was taught this in school, he would always say the black oil your throwing out is better than new, If you buy a new motor and want a certain brand of oil, flush it twice and never change oil again.

The filter is doing its job, stop wasting your money

Last edited:
   / Tired of oil change bull #2  
Personally, I think your or your dad is/was FOS.

Oil gets black or dark brown from it being loaded with combustion by products and / or soot in the case of a diesel and the heat and cool cycles cause modern oils to incur depletion of the additive package. You need to refer to the physics of lubrication oils sometime.

I don't condone or do change my lube oils every season but I do stick at least the the maintenance schedules outlined in my owners manuals. I believe the engineers and designers of the engines know what they are doing better than your opinion.

I personally know a person who bought a new Chrysler Pacifica and never changed the oil and the motor tossed a rod at 85K and the shop I retired from replaced the engine and the rod bearings were toast due to contaminated oil that was unable to provide any more boundary lubrication.

You do what you want and I'll do what I deem correct. Never had an engine failure in 60 years due to a lubrication failure.

I find your comment meritless.

/ Tired of oil change bull
One of my brothers had a car that only lasted 120tho on it, he thought oil was oil and placed any weigh or brand, we took valve cover off and it was like thick vaseline all over, motor was worthless

rod at 85K lol that could be anything like low oil or was hard on it, instead of insults try some common courtesy

/ Tired of oil change bull #4  
S
If you use the same brand and weigh you only need to change filter once a year, we ran 2 motors over 500tho miles this way, oil sludge is caused by mixing weighs and brands, alot of miss guided mechanics out there.

My dad Was a mechanic and was taught this in school, he would always say the black oil your throwing out is better than new, If you buy a new motor and want a certain brand of oil, flush it twice and never change oil again.

The filter is doing its job, stop wasting your money
l doubt you’ll be answering any retorts with your out there stement. I’d say you’re more of a troll than anything else.
Oil sludge is caused by heat. It sludges over because of ingredient break down over time or rather quickly if too much heat such as the problem Toyota had several years ago that they attempted to blame owners for.
I think you should write them and give them your solution.

I'm not saying its better to not change oil but its a waste of money if you know what your doing

My IH674 10 years 1 oil change because theres only one brand here for it 15/40 , and no black smoke under full load but only got 2600 hours on it, In a winter season of blowing snow I go through maybe half a quart of oil, only change filter

And I saw the proof So I got no worries

S

l doubt you’ll be answering any retorts with your out there stement. I’d say you’re more of a troll than anything else.
Oil sludge is caused by heat. It sludges over because of ingredient break down over time or rather quickly if too much heat such as the problem Toyota had several years ago that they attempted to blame owners for.
I think you should write them and give them your solution.
Heat will mess up oil no doubt, i'm talking under normal running conditions

I never change oil in my cars, I only flush twice and use same brand, i'm not drag racing them, My last car toyota corolla 350tho miles and still ran like new, Got in an accident and scraped it

The proofs in the pudding folks, I understand You never tried it and you have your perspectives but I know what creates sludge when i see it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.