Tires for 93 Honda

/ Tires for 93 Honda #1  

toddbailey

Silver Member
Tractor
nh 3930, ford 1910, farmall super a, allis chamlers b
The tires on my 1993 Honda four trax 4x4 are dry rotted so its time for replacement. My questions are what is a good replacement tire, and where is the best place to get them.

/ Tires for 93 Honda #2  
I have done alot of research and found the Maxis Bighorns are the best all around tire. Your local ATV dealer will have them or you can try online.

I'll be getting a set pretty soon.

/ Tires for 93 Honda #3  
I put Big Horns on our Grizzly and Rhino, very good performance all around. I think I got them at ATV Outfitters, but I'm not sure. Just check for the best price. I got the "Originals" which are a little heavier duty than the 2.0.

/ Tires for 93 Honda #4  
The tires on my 1993 Honda four trax 4x4 are dry rotted so its time for replacement. My questions are what is a good replacement tire, and where is the best place to get them.

Depends how you use the machine. I have a set of Gators on my '93 Fourtrax 300 FWD. That machine will go anywhere with these deep lug tires. Now, the ride went to **** and is a lot stiffer because these are 6 ply tires vs the 2 ply OEM. I skid a lot of logs and pull many a trailers with mine, so I need something that will grip and chew the ground, hence the gators.

Just REMEMBER something, make sure you put the same exact size (diameter) on this machine as the 4WD front/rear will be fighting each other if you don't. The transmission and transfer case is designed for the offset in size, which I think is 23 front and 24 rear if I'm not mistaken.

Craig

/ Tires for 93 Honda #5  
kenda bearclaw.

cheap and tough

/ Tires for 93 Honda #6  
i don't think the two diferent size tires will matter much . there are way to many 4x4's mudding to prove it wrong. i would go with the same size front and rear. the onlt problems people have ever had with tires is when they go with something to aggressive and they have a heavy thumb they snap axles . i ran 589's on my hpx and they was a great tire lasted forever and can't recomend them enough if your in the mud.i now run outlaws on my rhino and they are some really great tires only bad thing is their rubber is really soft and they will wear down fast if you run on the road not to mention they ride pretty rough at low speeds but after to pick up a bit os speed they level off. if i had to go with a tire on a four wheeler i would go with some 589's and nuthing over 26" the 26" has the same deep lugs as the 27"28" .the 25's have a shallow lug and well they just don't cut it when it comes to digging into the mud and biting . i'm not saying they won't do the job but i always went with the deepest lug i could find and a lig that has lots of space in between them for easy cleanout when in the mud.bighorna and bearclaws are nice tires but if you get into some mud with them they just cake up and you have to spin the you know what out of them to get the mud to sling off them not so with the 589's the lugs are far enough away that the mud with fall off in chunks at low speed. another problem with the 589's and outlaws are when you come out a mud hole you don't wanna step on the throttle at first go slow for a foot or two to let any mud chunks that are left fall off other wis you'll be bombarded by softball size chunks of mud flying all over. over all i would say get the 589's that is unless you ride in the thick stuff then get you some outlaws.

/ Tires for 93 Honda
Mostly my riding is around the farm and hunting nothing real extreme anymore did more of that riding in my younger days :laughing:. I am in no real hurry to purchase so I am price shopping and doing lots of research. I will for sure look into everyones suggestions before i make a purchase. Right now I will probably stay with the stock tire size and i am thinking on going a little more agressive on tread.

/ Tires for 93 Honda #8  
i don't think the two diferent size tires will matter much . there are way to many 4x4's mudding to prove it wrong. i would go with the same size front and rear. the onlt problems people have ever had with tires is when they go with something to aggressive and they have a heavy thumb they snap axles . i ran 589's on my hpx and they was a great tire lasted forever and can't recomend them enough if your in the mud.i now run outlaws on my rhino and they are some really great tires only bad thing is their rubber is really soft and they will wear down fast if you run on the road not to mention they ride pretty rough at low speeds but after to pick up a bit os speed they level off. if i had to go with a tire on a four wheeler i would go with some 589's and nuthing over 26" the 26" has the same deep lugs as the 27"28" .the 25's have a shallow lug and well they just don't cut it when it comes to digging into the mud and biting . i'm not saying they won't do the job but i always went with the deepest lug i could find and a lig that has lots of space in between them for easy cleanout when in the mud.bighorna and bearclaws are nice tires but if you get into some mud with them they just cake up and you have to spin the you know what out of them to get the mud to sling off them not so with the 589's the lugs are far enough away that the mud with fall off in chunks at low speed. another problem with the 589's and outlaws are when you come out a mud hole you don't wanna step on the throttle at first go slow for a foot or two to let any mud chunks that are left fall off other wis you'll be bombarded by softball size chunks of mud flying all over. over all i would say get the 589's that is unless you ride in the thick stuff then get you some outlaws.

Tommy.....to go with the same tire diameter would damage the drive on this machine. I guess you don't understand mechanics to much! Keep the OEM tire diameter differential if you want the machine to last...

Craig