Tires for a Sabre by John Deere

/ Tires for a Sabre by John Deere #1  

dmk

I recently acquired a Sabre by John Deere mower for free. I am in the process of replacing the few items which need it. I am having a hard time finding replacement tires or tubes for the front. They are 15x6.5 - 6. If I understand correctly, the 6.5 is just the width of the tire tread(?). I can find 15x6 -6 all day long, since they are the same size except for width, can I just sub the slightly narrower tire with no problems?

Thanks for any help.

/ Tires for a Sabre by John Deere #2  
What is the brand and style (turf saver?) of the tire. Read off what it says on the sidewall. Maybe I can help you.
Ken

/ Tires for a Sabre by John Deere
Will try to get the info tonight. Do you think I'd run into any probs, just switching from 6.5 to 6 on thickness?

/ Tires for a Sabre by John Deere #4  
MHO- (with the 15 minute guarantee) yes, you can put the 6" width front tires on there with no problems, they will work fine.

-Fordlords-

/ Tires for a Sabre by John Deere
Thank you, that is what I thought, but being that I have limited knowledge, and am trying to keep this free mower as close to free as possible, I wanted some extra opinions. It is amazing what people will get rid of, the only real problem was that the starter was loose, guess they didn't tighten it down when they replaced the motor.

Good for me at least.

/ Tires for a Sabre by John Deere #6  
No problem with just 1/2" difference, you probably won't even notice the difference.