Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #1  

steviep

Silver Member
Tractor
2001 JD 4300
Has anyone used the titans 3 point ssqa for a snowplow. There are a couple on tube but nothing showing plowing snow. I'm wondering how strong they are, if they are worth buying.

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #2  
Not sure what adapter you are talking about precisely. I welded a Harbir Freight 3pt QH to a garage sale SSQA mounting plate. That made up most of the plow mount for my 32hp 3,000lbs L3200. It worked well more or less. No down pressure & I once curled/bounced the plow over the top. Also the whole setup hung out a ways. A more compact setup would be easier on the loader & let you steer better.

I have a similar cheap 3pt QH on my 5,000lbs 40hp L4060. The cheap ones are all the same. A little gritty, but robust. I often pull a 1,700lbs flail mower with a big offset through heavy brush & the QH has held up fine. On my 4th QH from various cheap sources. All are still working fine until they got sold with tractors or given to friends. IMG_20150117_153817.jpegIMG_20150117_153836.jpeg

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #3  
Why go through the extra 3 pt quick change. Shorten it up , mount the plow right to the ss plate. Just wondering

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #4  
Why go through the extra 3 pt quick change. Shorten it up , mount the plow right to the ss plate. Just wondering
It was easy to design that way & I had the parts handy. At the time I built it I didnt realize compactness was as important as I do now. The QH adds 4" or so & the cross pipe bracket on the plow adds maybe 4-5" more.

It ran well, but the steering wheel wouldn't work when plowing unless you had chains on the front of the L3200. I sold the plow with the L3200 when I upgraded to the cabbed L4060.

The 3pt for the loader was handy for moving impliments. I've acquired parts to build another SSQA to 3pt QH adapter at garage sale prices. Havent welded it together yet though.

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow
The one I'm looking at has a built in 2" receiver. The whole purpose of this plow is to get me through in till the ground gets hard enough to use my snowblower.

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #6  

It's Colorado snow. Six feet deep and only a pound per cubic yard.. Push it with a feather! ;-)

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #8  
Amazon.com: Skidsteer 3 Point Attachment Adapter Skid Steer trailer hitch front loader case: Home Improvement this is the quick attach I'm looking at, I have a 7' Fisher plow I had on my JD 4300.

I ended up getting one of those with a 6' disc this last summer (guy tried using it on a skid steer - can't believe it worked too well). I love it for moving trailers - pondered if I could put the rear blade on it and push some snow around.... but it sure would be short - thinking about a hiniker or land pride plow right now

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #9  
When buying a 3pt ssqa adaptor, make sure the lower and upper pin holes match the size of your equipment. If the holes are oversized, you will need to add bushings or live with a sloppy setup.

/ Titan ssqa 3 point hookup for snowplow #10  
When buying a 3pt ssqa adaptor, make sure the lower and upper pin holes match the size of your equipment. If the holes are oversized, you will need to add bushings or live with a sloppy setup.

Good heads up - I ran into that with my titan pallet forks. Had to lay a piece of 1/4" thick angle iron in and weld it on mine to get a nice fit on my kubota. Works excellent, though, with that little easy adder.