Tires Titan Tires

/ Titan Tires #11  
I put a new set of Titan R1's on the front of my 2210 and had no issues at all with them..

/ Titan Tires
I have 8-16 R-1 on the fronts. These are the ones that have severely cracked. Not sure of the size in rear, they are fine. I had to do something right away so I purchased a pair of Carlisle's. They look identical to the Titan's, we will see how they last. I am going to contact Titan, I know it really is too late but who knows maybe I can get something being that I do have the dealer somewhat behind me. Thanks for your reply.

/ Titan Tires #13  
No problems on my 2004 tractor with turf Titans on the rear. On the front, one tire came off the rim 2 different times. Put Slime in the first time. Worked for about 5 years. Came off rim last winter with all the snow we had and kept having to add air to both of them. Bought tubes for both fronts and installed. Have only added a little bit of air to both one time since winter of 2008/2009.

Ralph

/ Titan Tires #14  
I have a 2006 Kubota M9000 with Titan Tires on it. Rear tires have chunks of rubber coming out close to the center (looks like a seam) all the way around both tires. Front tires have vertical cracks in side walls about six inches apart all the way around the tires on both side walls. Both tires blew out through side wall and ruined both tubes. Tires have 95% tread left. You would have to pay me to put another set of titans on anything I own. Titans are the lowest tire quality around.

I have a 4320 JD that I bought new in 06. The first year the front tires, R-1 Titan's developed age checks. I went back to the Dealer and talked to the guy who sold me the Tractor. He also is a good friend of mine. His comment, put a tube in them. There was quite a few people in the building, it was an open house. I should have been more aggressive the next time. Long story short he is no longer there, and I have the same tires, now with 3/8 crackes in the sidewalls. I am putting on new Carlsile's tomorrow. After I had ordered these I was told that Titan and Carlisle have merged. Oh great!! Does anyone know of this? I went to the dealer the other day and talked to another guy who remembered the day I was first there and complained about the tires. It appears that the dealer has had numerous complaints about the Titan tire. These are the tires that come on all JD's, at least in Vermont. He told me that they just replaced all four on a tractor just last week. It took them (dealer) 5 months to finally get them from Titan. The tractor is new, only eleven months old. Do the math, trying for five months, Titan tires cracked in the first six months. According to my dealer, Titan denies they have a problem, but they replaced all four on a eleven month old tractor. Take Toyota, they recalled a lot of vehicles because of the potential of floor mats making the accelerator stick. Safety issue, well Titan, what is this? The main question here is, has anyone had similar issues with Titan tires? I don't know what type of tires on other tractor brands. Thanks to all who read this and respond.

/ Titan Tires #15  
I have Titan R4s on my fronts. Within the first couple months of having my brand new tractor, one developed 3 cracks in-between the lugs about 1.5in long and 1/8in wide. Luckily, it was only about 1/8in deep. They are right across the middle of the tire and point to the sides. All the flashing down the center has also disappeared. The other Titan tire looks great and all of the flashing is still down the center of the tire where the two halves come together, even after 160hrs of use and a lot of FEL workouts. Since both have seen exactly the same wear and tear, my take is that Titan has some horrible quality control and cannot guarantee much from one tire to the next. When these wear out, I will be finding something else.

/ Titan Tires #16  
I have Titans on both my tractors, seems lots of tractors come with them, perhaps because they are made in USA. Anyway one 2009 and one 2010 and no issues with them so far. Only time will tell.
I did have one pop off the rim a couple days ago from low air pressure, is that the tires fault or mine for not checking the air. Most tires loose some air.
Thinking back, it is the same side that lost air on my Yanmar when it was parked there. Once I went out and the Yanmar was almost flat, no sign of leakage (had water in the tire) so I aired it up and it stayed that way till I sold it a year later. It is south side facing so wonder if that has something to do with it as the sun shines on it late afternoon where as the other side is completely shaded.

/ Titan Tires #17  
I have explained this before but when I have bought a new tractor I made a deal to have them swap out the tires for new Firestones. They give me a credit for my OEM tires and I pay the balance due. I have also done this deal with a tire shop before I used the tractor and got a good value for my trade-ins. Works for me and the only thing I have Titans on is the front of my JD790TLB. Titan was the only option for a tire. Problem solved.