TL 550

/ TL 550 #1  

allmobile

Bronze Member
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with a TL 550 New Holland with a 18 LA loader. The company I work for is getting ready to buy 3 of them to add to our fleet. Currently we are using Kubota B2710 tractors to finish grade house lots. They are not holding up at all. We are going to upgrade to bigger tractors for our grading purposes. According to the person in charge of purchasing, the New Holland drastically out preformed the same size Kubota and John Deere when he demo'ed them. Any input would be great.

Thank You,
Brian

/ TL 550
It is very possible. TL550A and TC55DA look very similar when hand written, I took the numbers off a demo receipt.

Brian

/ TL 550 #4  
The TC55 is an upgraded 2120 with new sheet metal and a larger engine. The 2120 was one of Ford / New Hollands most popular models. Dealers and users were upset when it was discontinued for a couple of years because NH had nothing in it's class. I've used my 2120 for 17 years doing much of what you describe and its still going strong. Get the ESS trans. It's mush larger than the Kubota you've been using.

Andy

/ TL 550
Thank you guys, once I figured out the correct model # I did a search on the TC55DA and found a lot of positive feedback on it. We are probably going to order 3 of them next week. Any other info would still be appreciated.

Brian