TN 70, Transmissions

/ TN 70, Transmissions
Re: Here\'s the important difference.

Robert, I got the total package for $24,800 and did the 2.9% financing deal they've got going right now. The tractor was around 22,000 and the rest was the Woods 1020 loader. It's a TN70 FWD model with the power shuttle. This tractor had been on the dealer's lot for about 6 months so I think he was anxious to get it moving......so I basically got the power shuttle for free if I compare the total price to the offer the other dealer gave me. (roughly 25,000 with the mechanical shuttle). So i'm real happy......

It was delivered yesterday AM....and I just sat and read the manuals and looked at it all day.....<yeah, right!>. By 11 AM my dad and I were pushing up those pine trees that have bugging me <g>. I'm amazed at the power of this tractor....I didn't know what I was missing ......

Too bad it's raining today though.....well, we need the rain really bad, so i'm not complaining too much.....

Dave
Grover, NC

p.s. bought the tractor from Comer Equipment in York SC. Nice folks to do business with.

/ TN 70, Transmissions #12  

That is a good deal, I paid $25k for my TN 65 but it had a NH loader which is a $5k option, I probally could have saved a couple grand if I went with a Woods loader but I like the way NH's blended with the tractor, also NH is built specifically for the TN series so I figure if something happens they can't blame any other company. I would love to see a pic of your tractor if you get a chance. How do you like the power shuttle?

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

/ TN 70, Transmissions #13  

The Woods loader was right at $3,500........I don't have a digital camera (keep putting that purchase off...they keep getting better/cheaper!), but my tractor looks just like yours...<g>

I'm glad I got the power shuttle now...although I still find myself clutching to change directions <smile>. Old habits are hard to break......

I spent last sunday afternoon working on my back pasture...pure bliss to push up all those old wild-rose thorn bushes which were taller than my 8n <g>. I'm still amazed at the power I was missing before....and the loader is invaluable. I'm set!!!!

Dave.
Grover, NC

/ TN 70, Transmissions #14  

I hope you have fun, these new tractors are amazing compared to the tractors from the 60's. I still plow with my JD M but only for fun, I run a 3 bottom on the TN and my little deer only can handle a one bottom. Did you keep you 8n or did you trade it in? I am like you when it comes to thorn bushes, I use to mow around them with our Massey 135 because most of the time you will get hit with a thorn limb, now I just push them over and mow them down. Have fun and be careful.

Attachments

• 12-76209-mvc00041-1.jpg
    12-76209-mvc00041-1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 90
   / TN 70, Transmissions #15  

I would love to have that buck walk by my treestand tonight.

/ TN 70, Transmissions #16  

I hit a nice 130 class 10pt on opening night but it was a quartering shot and the arrow must have deflected off the shoulder, never found the deer, tracked him out of the woods and he went across a field and crossed a road so hopefully he will be okay. Maybe I will be lucky enough to see him again this season. Good luck with your hunting season.

Attachments

• 12-76528-mvc00003-1.jpg
    12-76528-mvc00003-1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 75