TN65 Oil drain plug wrench

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #1  

Chuck_Lind

Gold Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TN65 & 1956 John Deere 50
According to my NH TN65 owners manual, the oil drail plug is located forward of the oil filler/oil stick. It appears to be about 12mm hex wrench.

I've had no luck in trying to find a 12mm hex wrench so I can drain the oil.

Does anyone have advice on where to get a 12mm wrench. I've tried everywhere...except Snapon Tools.

Any help would be appreciated.

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #2  
Chuck, I'm sure any Snap-On, Matco, MAC, Cornwell, or Craftsman tool truck either has one or can get one, but it'd probably be cheaper to buy this one from Sears.

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #3  
Hi Chuck,

Did you look in the toolbox that came with the tractor? They usually throw one in there.

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #4  
Chuck,

I love your tag line. I'm down to 8 dogs, 15 guns, and only 2 tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Better get goin' on that I guess.

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #5  
New Holland part number 5121429 about 9.00 list.

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #6  
Don't know if the New Holland part is a hex key or socket bit...

Another Choice is McMaster Carr Item # 5571A68. 1/2" square drive hex bit socket $9.30.

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #7  
Bird is correct - Sears carries these, but originally should have had one included if purchased new.

Please note you may also need some sort of breaker bar to slip over the hex wrench or I even used a large pair of channel locks

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #8  
Should be able to get a hex for a 3/8 socket set at almost any store selling wrenches.

Egon

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench
Thank you Bird - and all the rest of you folks - found the wrench at a Sears store in Dubois, Pa.

$7.99 + tax...small price to pay for long engine life!!

Thanks everyone!!

/ TN65 Oil drain plug wrench #10  
Hi Chuck ! I just got a NH TN65D and I am in the learning process about this tractor. I had a Ford 1710 and a NH 1920 for about 20 years and loved them. This tractor is a lot more complicated. I bought it new and NO oil filter wrench was included. I will be going over to Sears to get one. Do you have a block heater? I just bought one and I'm going to install it this weekend. PS, I live about 10 or 12 miles from you near Troutville. Thanks for the info about how to drain the oil. My other NH tractors were easier to service and less complicated. Everyones knowledge is sure helpful.