TN65-warning horn disconnect!!!

/ TN65-warning horn disconnect!!! #1  

Chuck_Lind

Gold Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TN65 & 1956 John Deere 50
Does anyone know EXACTLY where that irritating warning horn is located and where to disconnect it??

Not only does it drive me nuts; it beeps on its own free-will during the night, during the day and any other inconvenient time.

I know it's a warning horn, but it's time for it to go!!

Please help!!!

/ TN65-warning horn disconnect!!! #2  
I wear ear plugs, so I barely hear it.
Bob

/ TN65-warning horn disconnect!!!
Doc_Bob said:
I wear ear plugs, so I barely hear it.
Bob
I understand about the earplugs, but the problem is the neighbors and myself at 3 am or any other time. It just starts beeping at random, whether you leave the brake on or not. I've tried everything.

Just need to find the connection to the horn. They have it well-hidden, that's for sure.

By the way...when I sneak up on it when it beeps on its own, it stops. I think the tractor is possessed!! Maybe my Golden Retriever will sniff it out; I'm at a loss.

I know the New Holland's are prone to electrical problems; but this is getting out of hand.

/ TN65-warning horn disconnect!!!
Spoke to the New Holland dealer mechanic yesterday about disconnecting the horn. He said it's underneath the dash, but recommended I not disconnect it simply because I could be disconnecting something else.

His recommendation is to squirt insulation material - like the pressurized cans you buy at Home Depot to seal up cracks and crevices - to deaden the sound. Lots of guys use the insulation in skidsteer loaders to eliminate the sound.

/ TN65-warning horn disconnect!!! #5  
Depending on where it gets squirted that would make fixing in the future much more difficult. Not only does it insulate but its also an adhesive.