TN70, JD5320-5420, ??

/ TN70, JD5320-5420, ??
I dont think I can use the 7' mower around the shop and barn areas. Man that thing is big. I also do not want a two wheeled mower anything over 7' I think is two wheels. The 7's come either way. The mower also is not the average mower like cheaper brands. This is a $2k mower.

The bucket for me will be too large being 84". I cannot cleanup around and under my barn with the large bucket.

/ TN70, JD5320-5420, ?? #12  
Are you sure these tractors are big enough for 25 acres?

/ TN70, JD5320-5420, ?? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you sure these tractors are big enough for 25 acres? )</font>

Mike, do I detect a small amount of envy??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(I know the feeling.)

Drive the tractors as much as the dealer will let you. Don't be afraid to buy one of these used from a dealer if possible. That's what happened in our case. While we were shopping, a trade-in was taken in. The owner traded up even bigger. We(Father in law) got a 5420 with more options than we would have ordered for a bit less money on top of that. We love it. It is a great tractor although I have not driven a NH to compare.

/ TN70, JD5320-5420, ??
The tractor is large enough to do what ever on the 25 acres. My hay is currently leased out and they maintain it with two 60hp Tractors. I dont have to maintain the entire area just around the perimeter, barns, house, driveways, etc. All of its fenced so I have to do my "weed eating" with Roundup. Another reason why I dont want my mower to exceed my tire width. I mow around alot of fence and if you mower is just outside the tire you had better know exactly where its at or you will hit the post. I move about 100 bales for myself a year so that is another reason I want a FEL. If I have to upgrade tractors then I am going to upgrade to something that can bale my hay if needed.

Thanks for the input. So far NH is leading the pack on pricing.

/ TN70, JD5320-5420, ?? #15  
You have every right to get the machine you want. I feel that you may be getting bigger than is practical. That's just my opinion. I cannot justify baling hay on my 80 acres, compared to buying it, even though it makes me dependant on others. Because I don't need to bale, I can have a machine that has the grunt that I need, but still get in to do close in work without rutting up the place.

Your situation may well be different, and that is great! You are looking at fine equipment, and with a good dealer you're sure to be well set!

/ TN70, JD5320-5420, ??
Dealer came out looked over my tractor and gave me what I had in mind I wanted. So I told him to order it.

Mike you are correct about the hay. I am not going to go forward with it unless I have too. I want to be prepared if I do is really the thing. I hope to keep it leased out. I have to spray for army worms today.

I drove a TN60 MFWD yesterday and it was very comfortable. It turned alot better than I expected. The TN70 is supposed to be same frame so should be same. It performed nearly as good as my 2wd does.