TN70 wont start

/ TN70 wont start #1  

rickntn

Tractor
yanmar 2000
I drove my TN70 to the door of my shop to get some water and when I went to restart it I found it was dead. It would not turn over. Went through the fuse box in front of the steering column and found it to be corroded. Cleaned what I could and replaced the 25 Amp and the left most 10 amp. Now I have temp and fuel gage working (Yeah me!!)

Tractor turns over just fine but will not start. In looking over this unit I finally found the trans dip stick which was full and clean. The oil is right at Max on the stick. I have a round red indicator light on my dash. Is that a LOW oil light? Will it stop the tractor from starting?

Search for the trans dip stick revealed A 2 WIRE PLUG, OVAL WITH WEATHER SEAL, THAT IS HANGING FREE. I was not able to locate a female receptor for this plug.

Also found the linkage for the wheel lock is not connected. The snap portion that clips over the ball is missing.

Looking for guidance on all these items. I plan to start with a full oil change, fuel filter and air filter change X2.

/ TN70 wont start #2  
Make sure that the fuel cutoff, (it's probably a solenoid shutoff) is recieving power so that the fuel delivery systen can provide fuel to the injector pump. Otherwise start checking for fuel delivery blockage from the fuel connection at the injection pump to the screen at the bottom of the fuel tank.
As far as the disconnected plug, go to Messick's website and look up the parts manual for your tractor model and try to find out what that plug is for.

/ TN70 wont start
Make sure that the fuel cutoff, (it's probably a solenoid shutoff) is receiving power so that the fuel delivery system can provide fuel to the injector pump. Otherwise start checking for fuel delivery blockage from the fuel connection at the injection pump to the screen at the bottom of the fuel tank.
As far as the disconnected plug, go to Messick's website and look up the parts manual for your tractor model and try to find out what that plug is for.
Thank you Jerry I was thinking fuel as well. Just cant get to it today. I hope to hit it early tmrw while it is cool.

/ TN70 wont start
It aint the years it's the mileage!

/ TN70 wont start
Final entry, Found that the fuse panel in front of the steering column had corrosion on the fuse blades and of course in the fuse receptacles as well. A few minutes with a points file and some contact cleaner and she cranked up like new money draining through the fingers of a teenager.

Your help is much appreciated.

/ TN70 wont start #6  
Final entry, Found that the fuse panel in front of the steering column had corrosion on the fuse blades and of course in the fuse receptacles as well. A few minutes with a points file and some contact cleaner and she cranked up like new money draining through the fingers of a teenager.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was!!