TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas?

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #11  
The parts breakdown is online now. No need to buy the entire manual set. As for service manuals, there's not much you can do. They bleed us on service publications also, but the expense is nothing compared to the cost of all the new electronic diagonistic tools and the service contracts that come with them.

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #12  
DeiselPower, where do you get your truck service manuals from. Last week I had to pay $340 for a Cat C12 service manual. It's not just NH that is expensive. In my case the service manual will pay for itself in time saved. It is hard for a tractor owner to justify spending that many $ on somthing they wont use verry often.

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #13  
Hooked_on_HP said:
It is hard for a tractor owner to justify spending that many $ on somthing they wont use verry often.

Well... I dunno... My service manual would cost under $300. The visits from my mechanic for my last tractor cost more than triple that. Sure, like for my old Fiat 500 (that's a car), every time I've seen one problem fixed I can do it myself, but, well, there's seeing how to fix something the first time. Or having a manual to tell you how to do it...

Ha ha ha ha ha. And speaking of that Fiat 500... Anyone in the market for one? It sat out under the carport for a year and now the starter needs rebuilding. Not a huge amount of work (I've previously done it twice) but, well, I'm just not interested in doing that work, now!

c

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #14  
Hooked_on_HP said:
DeiselPower, where do you get your truck service manuals from. Last week I had to pay $340 for a Cat C12 service manual. It's not just NH that is expensive. In my case the service manual will pay for itself in time saved. It is hard for a tractor owner to justify spending that many $ on somthing they wont use verry often.

Have not bought a printed Cat manual in many years. I am a subscriber to Cat ET (Electronic Technician). It has all manuals for all diesel engines in trucks and equipment on the DVD's along with all the engines parts manuals, TSB's, tech notes and updates, electronic technician program for use with engine diagnostics equipment, Flash programs for ECM reflashing and much more. I get monthly updated DVD's in the mail.

Same with International and Cummins, I no longer buy the manuals and subscribe to their disc based diagnostics software and manuals.

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #15  
charlesw - just wait until gas goes back over $3.00, someone will want that l'il thing! A cute car in its day, but don't you always feel like you'll break something when you put a wrench on it?
Back to the manuals. Unless you have a computer in the shop, you sure would get some benefit out of printing pages out. Can't see why NH wouldn't let you print out for your own use, esp after spending all that $$.
Jim

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #16  
jimmysisson said:
just wait until gas goes back over $3.00, someone will want that l'il thing! A cute car in its day, but don't you always feel like you'll break something when you put a wrench on it?
Nope! I feel like I have to put a wrench to it every time I use it! Which isn't entirely true, I suppose, but... Breaking down on the Mass Pike in the left lane in the rain during rush hour is enough to make you think twice about taking big roads!

jimmysisson said:
Back to the manuals. Unless you have a computer in the shop, you sure would get some benefit out of printing pages out. Can't see why NH wouldn't let you print out for your own use, esp after spending all that $$.
Ah, but I don't have the manuals. I don't see an option to buy the 3930 manual on CD - I only see the paper copy! And it's a bit under $300. Well, if I did the work myself, with the manual to guide me, it would pay for itself fairly quickly. Still, the CD would be nice - I could print the pages I want and just not worry about rain, grease, cats, etc...

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #17  
IMHO it's a NH corporate issue. They should make their tractors as easy to own, fix, and enjoy as possible. Shop manuals help accomplish that. Mix that with good reliability and good dealers and I think you have yourself a potential winning combination.

What do other tractor manufacturers charge for manuals? I think there's a potential competitive advantage here that tractor manufacturers may be overlooking.

Geez...you don't stay in business and make loads of money by selling overpriced books that hack people off. You stay in business and make money by selling lots of tractors. They should use every competitive advantage they can come up with.

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #19  
Nope! I feel like I have to put a wrench to it every time I use it! Which isn't entirely true, I suppose, but... Breaking down on the Mass Pike in the left lane in the rain during rush hour is enough to make you think twice about taking big roads!

Charles - a Fiat 500 in the passing lane on the MA pike? As Bob Dylan might say, Woweee, pretty scary! I had a 600 once but around town was enough for it. Liked its personality, though.
Jim

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #20  
jimmysisson said:
a Fiat 500 in the passing lane on the MA pike? As Bob Dylan might say, Woweee, pretty scary!

It really wasn't that bad until the car stalled! And then all I had to do was to get out and to reconnect the battery. No big deal! (Um. On the inside shoulder, in the rain and dark with cars whizzing by. Really. A piece of cake. I'm sure those drivers still remember me!)

Anyway, if you've got a starter rebuild kit (gaskets and brushes) for one as well as a full set of steering bushings for sale for cheap, well, I could be back on the road in a few days! Vroom!