TN75D $$

/ TN75D $$ #11  
The TN 65 has roughly 5 more hp then listed. NH did this to have a machine rated about the same as the 3930 so people could replace their 3930 without having to "think" they are buying a bigger tractor. It was easier to just change the numbers on the literature then to depower the engines so anyone who has a 65 will tell you they have more power then they were told. It is smart as they will never be disappointed with their TN's power.

I still say demo a TN 65. hook it to your tiller and run the crap out of it to see how the TN handles it. It is easier to demo a tractor for a few days then to be stuck with a few years of payments for a tractor that won't handle your equipment.

/ TN75D $$ #12  
thanks robert,
i think you were the one who enlightened us before on this one. demo is the next step...just narrowing it down right now. the NH dealer seems confident that the 65 will do, we'll see.
paul

/ TN75D $$
I'm glad to hear the talk about the TND's, and it does sound as if those that have them like them very much. The idea of demoing a machine is a great one and in the past I have! The problem I seem to be having is no dealers in my area have a TND on the lot. I could probably demo the M6800 Kubota but I had sort of ruled that machine out. Also the reply about the round bailer behind the 70 was good to hear. How about a square bailer & hay wagon what are your thoughts? I plan to fill the rear tires & put a full rack of weights on the front !

Tx Mike

/ TN75D $$ #14  
I have a TN75D and like it very much. As far as the AC goes, when it's 95 out and humid and I switch it on I barely notice the power drop, much less that I do in my car. I have pulled a NH square bailer once and found no problems up and down hills. I did not pull a wagon at the same time. I do use my loader to move a lot of heavy granite. I can pick up over 3500# with my rock forks and put it on the dual axle trailer. I know the trailer is over 15,000# when loaded and the TN has no problems moving it up and down hills. BTW I do not notice the vibration when 4 wheel drive in engaged, rear differential lock either for that matter. Love the cab, AC and stereo, along with the air filtration system and sun shades. On the cab model the exterior lighting is superb, both fron and rear. I highly recomment the 16x16 Hydralic Power Shuttle. I run a Woods 1050 backhoe on mine a lot of the time. The 75 has plenty of power and weight for everything that I try to do with it. I have the Quick Attach loader and use Bob Cat type forks on it quite ofter. With the forks on, I can pick up one end of an 8800# 40' container and slide the whole container as long as I have the weight up close to the back of the forks.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Andy

/ TN75D $$ #15  
One more quick point, I had a TN75S first and traded it for the TN75D. The S had the older style PTO lever between your legs and the D has the new style on the side arm rest near the hand throttle. This is a little lever that must be assisted somehow since it engages so easily. When you turn off the tractor if you haven't disengaged the PTO you can watch the lever disengage itself. Besides how easy it works compared to the lever between your legs, you don't trip over it. I definately prefer it to the older style.

Maybe these aren't older and newer styles? Where are the rest of you TN owner's PTO levers located? Just curious

Andy

/ TN75D $$ #16  
My TN is one of the oldest TN 65S's on this board as it was made in early 2000 and the PTO lever is on my left in a easy place to reach. I have never seen a PTO lever where you described and will ask my dealer about it to see if the very first TN's before mine were like that or if you had a special tractor at first.

/ TN75D $$ #17  
Interesting Robert,

Now we have PTO levers in 3 different positions, left (yours), center (my former TNS), and right by the hand throttle (my current TND). My owners manual shows the lever to be located directly below the steering column. Is you lever located to the left of the seat similar to where mine is on a 2120?

Andy

/ TN75D $$ #18  
The M8200 is more comparable to the TN75. Your Kubota dealer should be able match the price of the TN75 to a M8200. If he doesn’t then find a dealer that will. The dealer I ended up buying my M9000 was a couple thousand less than the TN75.
Eric

/ TN75D $$ #19  
Mine is to the left of the seat. Same as my 1920's but the TN's works a lot easier.

/ TN75D $$ #20  
All the row crop tractors will almost always be rated at 20-30 hp below their actual hp to account for the cabs. That was the mistake my dealer made in thinking the 5000 series was the same way.