Snow TN95FA......getting hard to start

/ TN95FA......getting hard to start #1  

keshka

Tractor
tn95fa
Well I noticed this trait on about 1 in 5 starts this summer. Tractor is used about 3 to 4 times per month. So I had mounted my snow blower on it a couple of weeks ago and I went out today to "do the driveway". It is chilly, not COLD around 25 degrees. Last year, she would always light right up even without the preheater. Today, I cranked on an off till I killed the CAT battery. Tried starting fluid. With that it would almost outrun the starter. So hook up the big charger and troubleshoot. Fuel level, check. fuel getting to pump, check. Fuel leaving filter, check. Cracked two injector lines, has pulses of fuel. Hook up aux bat and now charged CAT bat. Good fast crank but still not taking off no matter what the throttle setting.

Finally after all this I found I could get her to kinda idle at 1/3 throttle but NOT right. Fluke temp gun showed just maybe the back two cylinders firing. After about ten minutes, a slight increase in RPM, another 7-8 minutes and she took off, running smooth on all cylinders. WTF?

Blew the fluff out of the driveway (60 minutes at full throttle). Am looking at this Bosch injector pump. I can identify the fuel cut off solenoid. Thinking it must have been ok or no fuel at the injectors. Have no idea how that K something WAX valve motor thing works or how much it should move (or not?). I don't get it. If it's broke, I would find it sooner or later. But to take off and run fine after all that? What the hey?

I have $1500 dollars in manuals and parts books but them Newholland types say nothing much about how it works...just how to take it apart.

Any ideas on where to start?

/ TN95FA......getting hard to start #2  
Do you still have summer fuel in it? Sounds exactly like fuel gelling issues to me. Try adding some power service 911, then use the white bottle stuff.