To fill or not to fill

/ To fill or not to fill #61  
I think SCUTS and CUTS with R4 tires should probably be loaded. I had a DK Kioti that benefitted a lot from loading the tires in dry conditions. I have a 88 hp 10,000lb Utility tractor with R1 tires that I won't load the tires, it's heavy enough already with FEL and anything on my the rear. There is much more adjustability with R1 tires and mine are set to 90" wide so tipping isn't an issue.

I have lots of wet conditions and loading the tires only makes you dig faster and get stuck quicker, especially with R4 tires.

A lot depends on your conditions, tractor size and tires. Loading the tires isn't for everyone.

Absolutely true. Everyone's circumstances are not the same. You mentioned that your tractor was heavy enough at 10,000lbs, and again, that was for your uses. My 12,000lb tractor could not get all of it's power to the ground at 10,000lbs, I had to go up over the 12,000lb mark to get the most use out of my machine, but again, that is me with my conditions. I do not even consider wet ground as a condition,:( if it was, I would have R1s by now. ;)

/ To fill or not to fill
I have not owned any tractors as large as those you describe but on my last one (a Yanmar 1702 a toy compared to yours) my fronts were foam filled and when the rear r1 tires were filled with calcium it was a vary bumpy ride. Before that tractor had one with rice patty tires rear with liquid ballast and air in front. And the liquid didn't do its ride any favors. However I did have a kioti lb1914 with what I call wide bar lug tires and I don't remember any difference in ride but in all accounts much improvement to stability. So maybe it just depends what it's going on and that's good to know but even with rough ride in these examples I would still do it again. You won't here me say filling tires is a bad idea It has tons of pros. I have done it many times and have no regrets. It is a great option/solution just not only one available. But it is not without negatives, nothing is. Everyone has a different tolerance for the particular pros and cons and generally the pros outweigh the cons By a longshot. Each liquid ballast product has its pros and cons so we won't go into all that but I think one thing for sure we can all agree on is the tires do definitely react differently once they are filled with liquid. For me this was negative maybe on this type of tire /tractor it would be better than what I expect but also the way the tire grabs traction is different when filled. If given the choice I would prefer it to grab like it does what it's not filled. I understand the point that any negative of filling tires is far better than roll over injury as good as anyone and agree, but I also think that every situation is different. So if I can achieve my desired result with out having to fill my tires and deal with what I consider negatives. good for me. Please don't take any offense I don't mean any. And I certainly don't know everything don't want to pretend to. This is just the way I feel with my past experience and nothing more and subject to change with experience.

/ To fill or not to fill #63  
Makes sense to me. I was using the fel a lot, and had no rear ballast. Not a good situation.
I still need weight on the 3 pt, but it's better now than it was.