to keep people off of my land!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / to keep people off of my land! #181  
Wife and I born, lived in Virginia all our lives, Richmond was the South's capital during the War Of Northern Aggression. I guess we've been mistaken all this time.
You mean...say it isn't so... we're yanks!

Nothing personal, I'm in SC but I grew up in Chicago suburbs.. VA just doesn't look very south on the map is all ..

/ to keep people off of my land! #182  
Yes you're correct. Even if you live in Argentina you're an American (South American). Virginia is part of the South though.

:laughing: Point taken . . . you know d@mn well what the intent of my post is/was . . .

/ to keep people off of my land! #183  
It is always strange to read some old books that mention someone going way out west to Ohio or Kentucky.

Bruce

/ to keep people off of my land! #184  
It is always strange to read some old books that mention someone going way out west to Ohio or Kentucky.

Bruce

:thumbsup: I hear ya Bruce.

/ to keep people off of my land! #185  
May I be the first to respectfully point out that this is a ZOMBIE thread!

Please, I'm not a facebook kind of guy, but it would be nice if someone were to point out that the thread was dead for about 4 years before it was revived a couple of days ago.

/ to keep people off of my land! #186  
May I be the first to respectfully point out that this is a ZOMBIE thread!

Well if its a ZOMBIE thread, just shoot them in the head and walk away!

/ to keep people off of my land! #187  
If you spend any time in Virginia, you know it's a southern state. Lol. My wife is from there, and she will smack you down if you call her a northern. And people still comment on her southern accent.

Technically, Maryland is a southern state, below the Mason Dixon. The line was created in 1760s after Maryland Calverts used to have skirmishes( Cresap War )with PA Penns over the location of the border. The line ends at the end of PA, and does not extend past it. At the time, Ohio was indian territory, and we were still a British colony.

As far as an old thread, who cares.

/ to keep people off of my land! #188  
If you spend any time in Virginia, you know it's a southern state. Lol. My wife is from there, and she will smack you down if you call her a northern. And people still comment on her southern accent.

Technically, Maryland is a southern state, below the Mason Dixon. The line was created in 1760s after Maryland Calverts used to have skirmishes( Cresap War )with PA Penns over the location of the border. The line ends at the end of PA, and does not extend past it. At the time, Ohio was indian territory, and we were still a British colony.

As far as an old thread, who cares.

Yeah, I understand the whole Mason-Dixon thing.. I was just going by what it looks like on a map.. and all that nasty snow they get..

/ to keep people off of my land! #189  
During the civil war, mason dixon line was the designation between North and South for the East, then the Ohio River was the separation in the midwest. Then West Virginia seceded from Virginia and joined the union in 1863.

/ to keep people off of my land! #190  
When I lived in Virginia years ago it always amused me that Virginians considered people from Maryland Yankees and those in North Carolina on south Rednecks. Of course, the North Carolina residents thought Virginians were closet Yankees and South Carolina to be full of Rednecks. (That was before Redneck pride was a thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.