To Play in This Playground

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / To Play in This Playground #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can I ask where are all the "rules" listed to "play in this playground"? )</font>

As has been said, perhaps the most important ones are listed right above the dialogue box you're typing in. However, everyone should also read the FAQ and the Terms of Service. You may find some interesting information there in addition to the "rules".

/ To Play in This Playground #12  
I've had two post deleted since I've been posting here (not that long, I realize).

Funny, the first one was because I "broke the rules" and called someone a name. More funny because after PM'ing the gentleman in question, we "resolved" our "differences", and sometime in the near future, I may actually (sp?) meet him.

The second time was today. I broke a rule that was not listed.

I'll play by the rules, but list ALL of them.

Whats interesting is that someone else here asked a question that I was thinking as well (so I asked), and if two of us were thinking the same question, there are more people "here" thinking the same question as well.

I enjoy this site.

Think the information is great, and for the most part, all of the people here as well.

The issue is when you're afraid to ask a question because you don't want to "upset someone" or be "banished" from a web site you actually enjoy.

Guess there are more important things in life! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #13  
ROFLMAO.................... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And to think I use to own a Kubota....... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #14  
Also, TBN members should be aware that "Private Messages" are considered part of the forum, and as such must follow the Terms of Service and must follow the same guidelines as posting. Also, Private Messages should not be considered private and are subject to review by Forum Administrators.

/ To Play in This Playground #15  
Then why are they called "private messages"?

If moderators can read them, are they "private"?

I should say "if moderators can hold a private message" "against" you, why are they called private.

Please don't take my questions as being combative, only as being curious.

You don't know if you don't ask.

Thks

P.S if it makes any sense, I'm a hardcore republican who thinks the ACLU has it's place in our country (for the good of people) and that not all drugs should be illegal! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (how screwed up is that!).

/ To Play in This Playground #16  
<font color="blue">Forum Administrators </font>

Be sure to read ADMINISTRATORS there and not moderators. The moderators do not have the ability to read any PMs but their own.

As to all this discussion about who is here, where is he, he got the boot, etc... and then the comments regarding why that person got a post pulled, etc... it has already been made clear that the reasons a post got pulled will not be discussed in the public forums so why do we have to keep bringing it up? Posts get pulled for a variety of reasons and the originator of the pulled post almost always is told via PM why it was pulled. 99% of people that have a post removed reply back with a very kind and understanding response.

Let's please move on from this discussion and resume our mutual interests in tractors and associated topics. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #17  
One other detail for all to be aware of. There is such a thing as "friendly fire" in moderation practices. When we moderate a post we normally PM the initiator with the reason. If others have responded to that post their posts will be removed as part of the thread. This is where some innocent posts get removed and normally PMs are not sent to those innocent victims. If anyone ever has a question regarding a moderated post, let any of the moderators know via PM. We'll do our best to figure it out and explain to you.

Now enough of this talk, let's get back to tractors /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ To Play in This Playground #18  
Just food for thought, many successful organizations and groups, particularly volunteer ones have mandatory terms for positions and individuals relinquish their position allowing a new person to step up eg every 12 months. This has a positive effect by eliminating friction between the organizers (in this case moderators) and some of the general membership. It also encourages good behavior by all; ads freshness as envy and the tall poppy syndrome is eliminated. I could go on and on with the advantages, I won’t as this post is just a suggestion and I am sure Muhammad can see where I am coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.