To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #21  
wolc123 said:
It would not have taken a gun, but I would have went with a Mahindra if it offered the same capability as my JD 4120 but cost $2000 less. Their equivalent model came in only around $1200 less when I got the best price from local dealers. Comparably equipped orange and blue machines were within a couple hundred of the green.

I found the same to be true in my area. I did extensive research with all of the AGCO brands, Mahindra, Kioti, as well as the rest of the so called main line (NH ,Kubota, MF) only to find out that we the lead hit the paper as far as apples to apples went to specs, there was less than a $2000 spread between machines. I found a lot of hype being pushed by some of the dealers, but very little price difference. The JD pricing was as agressive as anyone else's within the above mentioned group. So, I'd take the bullet as well. :D

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #22  
If I had the resources I'd try a Ferrari.:D

Attachments

• Cobram2.jpg
    Cobram2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 232
   / To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #23  
Another one for Mahindra or Kioti here, not many dealers here though for those :(

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #24  
Agco/challenger here!

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #25  
Highsmith said:
To those of you that love your JD, NH, MF or KBs, I ask this question. IF someone put a gun to your head and insisted you pick a tractor that is NOT a JD, NH, MF or KB, which would you pick?

I'm not an owner of anything yet, but my grandfather had JDs only. But since I asked the question, I'll say Kioti.

After reviewing my options, just go ahead and shoot me.;)

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #26  
In '87 where I live, everyone who thought, used, dreamed about the ultimate top of the line tiller, the shining king was Troybilt. I researched and then traveled three hours to a dealer that sold the blue tiller that noone had ever heard of, and to top it off, paid more money for it than a red one, but I am still convinced that I got way more tiller. At that time, I really wanted to get one of the Pasquali tractors so I'd now choose the Antonio Carrera or 2nd choice Ferrari, I think the articulated 4WD are too cool every since I operated an 8440 for a couple of years.

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #28  
joebobharley said:
I found the same to be true in my area. I did extensive research with all of the AGCO brands, Mahindra, Kioti, as well as the rest of the so called main line (NH ,Kubota, MF) only to find out that we the lead hit the paper as far as apples to apples went to specs, there was less than a $2000 spread between machines. I found a lot of hype being pushed by some of the dealers, but very little price difference. The JD pricing was as agressive as anyone else's within the above mentioned group. So, I'd take the bullet as well. :D

And me too, except for the bullet. I looked seriously at Kioti, but in addition to the dealer being far away and having only two tractors on the lot, the price (DK45) was within $2000 of a Kubota or Deere model with equal or better features and hp.

I also found that Kubota prices were no better than Deere prices when compared closely with all features in mind; this probably varies a lot from one area and dealer to another though.

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #29  
Let them pul the trigger

/ To the Green, Blue, Red, Orange Faithful #30  
I've got a 25 yr old blue that needs an engine rebuild when I get around to it...but I can still get parts for it. I got rid of an old green one that had over 5K hours and got another green one. Unfortunately you only know you've made the right choice when you look back with 20-20 hindsight years later. The rest of the time, you're just justifying your decision based on how it's performed to date and how much hope you have for it in the future.

I'm reasonably sure that 20 years from now when my kids are rebuilding my green one, they'll be able to get parts. In answer to your question though, I'd probably go for a Case.