Oil & Fuel To use additives or not?

/ To use additives or not? #1  

dickfoster

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538TLB
Since this is gonna be my first tractor and first oil burner what's good and what's bad? Stiction eliminator, yada, yada, yada.

I dump a can of Cataclean in my gas powered truck to help get it though emissions and to keep the injectors clean, other than that I run synthetic oil and gear lube, even grease and that's it. The Cataclean only gets used once every two years when I have to take it in to see the smog nazis.

/ To use additives or not? #2  
We run Powerservice(white bottle) year round in our tractors;some will say not but cheap insurance.We get as cold as -30F in the winter months and never have had a problem starting.

/ To use additives or not? #3  
^ ditto, but I use Howes.

/ To use additives or not?
I suppose you're talking out the winterizing stuff. It doesn't get very cold here, at least it hasn't in the three winters I've been here. Not this year anyway with the warm and wet El Nino thing going on. We rarely see freezing temps, +20F is about the lowest we've had so far.

/ To use additives or not? #10  
I use Power Service white bottle year round. Cleans injectors, cetane boost, removes water. lubes fuel pump, anti-gel and makes starting easier.